New scam yesterday.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
Received a msg from a nice Asian girl asking if I had the clothing materials ready.

I replied I don't understand.

Apparently she had accidentally transposed the last digit of the number she had intended to contact and got me instead.

So being home alone I thought I'll play along.

Long story short, She and her brother run a clothing factory in Singapore which is suffering a 70% reduction in orders because of the current situation, and they are losing money every week.

But it must have been fate that put her in touch with me.

Since I am doing so well and I am very understanding gentleman and my picture is very handsome etc, etc, etc.

I didn't stick around for ant more.

looking for money? or was it some other scam. I once played along with a scammer and had them go to their local Western Union office to pick up the money I sent, lol not once, but twice, before the penny dropped.....or not, in their case.

I think it was money but didn't want waste too much time on it.
After all how many people in Singapore would be using a UK mobile phone.?

Wife had a similar email today - someone wants to pay her $3.5m.

She asked if she should send bank details etc.

My advice - reply to email asking them to courier the cash over, and that we would happily pay the courier once the cash was received.

Never heard anything more - wonder why??

There are many scams out there, all with the single purpose of trying to steal what money we have. To me, they fall into two categories the 419 Nigerian Letters (based on the Nigeria penal code), and there are some excellent "baiting" sites around. I could not find one of the old sites that had really long threads on how these Scammers where strung along for months. It certainly required a great deal of effort, to concoct stories and keep the scammers on the hook. Some were hilarious.
The other scammers maninly fall into the Indian Scammers predominantly based in Kolkata, who mainly deal in on-line tech support scams, again just concerned in stealing your money. There are many sites on Youtube which bait this scum, the best of which, IMHO, is Jim Browning's Youtube site
https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning
I've given up baiting this low life and now just leave it to the experts who inflict much better retribution than I could ever dish out.

uines.com is a 'scamming' site.

Or any other site that is part of Beimac

I'd a scam letter sent directly to me and it arrived about a week after I arrived home from a holiday in Sri Lanka
This was a long time back so I cant remember exactly how it went, but it purported to be from a family,fallen on hard times and could I help out.
Came complete with family pictures and a 2 page hand written on notepaper.
It went in the bin, in fact I didnt even read it through.

The only way that note could have got my address is from my passport, which for the duration of the holiday resided in the hotel safe. The company who owned the hotel is one of the biggest in India.

So they've accessed the safe, taken my details from it and sent me the letter direct to my home address. This was the obvious part and explained to be immediately it was a scam and more than likely the family didn't exist.
Out there you get approached all the time by people claiming to be one thing or another and I'd a couple of instances of people coming up saying they worked at the hotel I was at and how was I. A pretense to get me into conversation before the pitch, but I'm savvy enough not to engage.
Also found my room had been rifled on more than one occasion, and I'd carefully arrange things before going out and return to find those specific items have moved slightly.

In the sense of a third world country you are effectively a living wallet, to be exploited.

Their textile exports are around USD 2,245,730,000 annually. Not exactly insignificant.

It is a massive import/export hub for Asia and Asia vs rest of the world. On its own this import figure says very little other than it is a very successful and cheap port, what were its textile imports?

It appears Singapore imports 50% more textiles than it exports.

Maybe that's why she's losing money. :)

I had a text today from Hermes telling me to log in and reschedule otherwise my parcel would be returned to the sender. Very good scam website. But they made the mistake of asking for too much information to log in....like DoB !

Back