New saw (been a while)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know this saw personally, but from the pic & spec in your link it looks like just about every other "badge-engineered" same-Chinese factory clone. I don't THINK it'll be as good as the AWFS 18 you lost in the fire (sorry to hear that BTW).

But reading the spec it takes both pinned and pinless blades, has a QR blade tensioner, and cut line blower. So it'll be mainly a question of how easy/quick, or fiddly/frustrating those features are in use.

It will certainly cut and as the new price from Axi when I clicked your link was only about 80 quid equivalent, you certainly won't have lost much (assuming it wasn't "just" a straightforward gift, in which case you'll be "quids in" - sorry! ).

Anyway, it'll certainly get you started off scrolling again. Hope you didn't loose too much else in the fire.

If it turns out that you do want to improve the existing blade change, etc, features, there are numerous topics in this section covering various mods, at least some of which will, I'm pretty sure, be applicable to your new machine.

Cheers AES
The AWFS 18 I changed the blade clamps fasteners with a quick release handles and made such a difference, just looking forward to getting back into scrolling

Hi Rob great to see ya back!, I have also returned here recently and getting back into it, I was shocked when i heard about your fire hope things are going well for ya now.....you mention the handles have you bought some yet as i have some knocking around think mine are M4 with 15mm length of thread and alloy handles me thinks.
Looking forward to seeing some new creations
Cheers
Brian

I have a Scheppach 1600f as a secondary machine which apart from the blade clamps is more or less the same machine

I have not got around to it as yet but will try and fit a quick tension release, the present wind up down knob is a bit of a pain to be honest

I fitted one to a Hegner which worked well so see not reason the same won't work on the Scheppach, its main component is a cheap cycle rear axle quick release a couple of quid off ebay

The blade clamps on yours are better than the Scheppach and various other low end machines, not tried your type personally but they look as if they should be okay

Other than that your machine should do a reasonable job

Sorry to hear of the demise of your previous saw, saws can be replaced, you can't ;-)

Claymore":wdvyr3jj said:
Hi Rob great to see ya back!, I have also returned here recently and getting back into it, I was shocked when i heard about your fire hope things are going well for ya now.....you mention the handles have you bought some yet as i have some knocking around think mine are M4 with 15mm length of thread and alloy handles me thinks.
Looking forward to seeing some new creations
Cheers
Brian
Cheers Brian yeah all sorted just need to get back into it, been trying some sign making with a palm router i've just received. Plenty of projects planned

Latest posts

Back