New Rule

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo-Star

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Evening

I treated myself to a new woodpecker 900mm rule, which arrive y/day. Lovely looking tool. However I did not have the time to look it over until this afternoon, unfortunately the rule has a 3mm concave (belly) in the middle of the rule, that can visually be seen by looking down its edge length. I placed the rule on the TS, then from one end slid under a 1mm protractor rule below the rule and TS. The protractor freely glided below for 120mm before making contact with the underside. I then got a bevel square, also 1mm and this went under the opposing end by 70mm befor contact. If the rule had have been convex, then may have been usable, by applying a little presure in the middle to hold it steady. I can only assume that this is a quality control issue.

Any thoughts on this

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 72
Good Evening

I treated myself to a new woodpecker 900mm rule, which arrive y/day. Lovely looking tool. However I did not have the time to look it over until this afternoon, unfortunately the rule has a 3mm concave (belly) in the middle of the rule, that can visually be seen by looking down its edge length. I placed the rule on the TS, then from one end slid under a 1mm protractor rule below the rule and TS. The protractor freely glided below for 120mm before making contact with the underside. I then got a bevel square, also 1mm and this went under the opposing end by 70mm befor contact. If the rule had have been convex, then may have been usable, by applying a little presure in the middle to hold it steady. I can only assume that this is a quality control issue.

Any thoughts on this

Regards
How was it packaged? Could have been bent in transit.

@Echo-Star if you bought it from us please except my apologies, if you email the sales team they will resolve the issue ASAP.

[email protected]

Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter,

I sent a message to sales late this afternoon. I have every faith that this will be resolved.

Thank you

Rob

How was it packaged? Could have been bent in transit.

Hi Paul

The packaging was good and undamaged on all sides and corners. The item was packaged internally between these polly air bags (no concern with that or transit) I therefore I assummed that the item was shipped from woodpecker factory in this condition.

regards

Hi Peter,

I sent a message to sales late this afternoon. I have every faith that this will be resolved.

Thank you

Rob

Hi Paul

The packaging was good and undamaged on all sides and corners. The item was packaged internally between these polly air bags (no concern with that or transit) I therefore I assummed that the item was shipped from woodpecker factory in this condition.

regards

Hi Rob

Just to let you know your replacement has been inspected, packed and picked up so should be with you over the next couple of days.

Never seen a bent one before but these things do happen, thanks for your understanding.

Cheers

Peter

is this the same rule that's about fifty bucks in the US? I don't have any WP stuff, but perfection in every direction is a pretty high standard in an aluminum rule at that price level (figure it may be that in pounds there).

It's pretty difficult to keep an aluminum straight edge or rule in good shape in a working shop, and if the same thing occurs in the future, a gentle bend in the opposite direction may eliminate or put the bias in the direction you want.

In the ad copy in the US, though, they do claim that the rules will lay very flat (not contending a return is out of line at all). The option to level up and buy a marked very accurate steel rule is *very* expensive and a lot of the less expensive steel straight edges aren't very straight (and the big ones aren't very pleasant to use due to weight, even when they are).

Good on peter for the quick work.

I put tape on my new 2 meter "straight edge" much nicer if one has some occasional grit which would make a real mess of the aluminium in about 10 seconds of hinging.

I suggest some brand name cellotape or 3m for the job might be better?, as it cheap stuff has a tendency to tear down the center.
Somehow more prone to happen when sliced with the gauge it seems.
Took a few attempts and a big ball or two of it to get stuck to the wolfie few times.
Much nicer tool now
SAM_5354.JPG

Evening all

Quick update, I got a phone call this morning from Jim @ Wood Workers Workshop with an apology for the rule I received, and that a replacement will be sent out today. I then received an email from DHL, informing me that they have a parcel for me, to be delivered tomorrow.

Well you just cant beat that for customer service can you. Without a doubt, Wood Workers Workshop must be in the top 1% of UK companies to do business with. I'm sure thats the 3rd time that I have shopped with WWW and will be a returning customer, to shopping there again.

Thank you peter

Kind regards

Rob

Evening all

I received my new replacement rule this afternoon. I was busy in the WS, and did not see the DHL driver come and go. My house door was open, as I am still working from an extention cable (sparky due next thurs) anyway the driver did not chap the door or hollor to get my attention, as he/she could not have failed to see the extention cable leading to the WS. I mention this as the original rule was to be returned to WWW.

whether the driver was informed of the collection of the return package or not is unknown to me, however when I spoke with Jim from wood workers workshop, I was asked to have the rule ready for recollection by DHL in the original packaging, which it was and sitting in my ws.

I sent an email to wood worker workshop this evening, and asked to have DHL to collect the package on there passing.

regards

Rob

Back