New Routing Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

template tom

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a sample of some of the Handles I have been designing for cabinets produced with the router in the plunge
Tom

PICT0003w.jpg

4small-s.jpg

PICT0004w.jpg

PICT0008close-upw.jpg

1-s.jpg

Bean":32yw5nmp said:
OK I'm interested how do you do that then,
just how do you make them ??

bean

Same here. Ive just finished a kitchen island with a draw. I knocked up a tempory handle, but these look far more interesting :)

The templates were made from 9mm MDF. All the work was done with the router in the plunge mode therefore experience with the use of template guides is essential.
I have been experimenting with the guides for years after I was given the challenge of refurbishing executive jets during my cabinetmaking years. There was a 'Need to know' how to do certain items such as put in certain hinges I had never used before 'Soss' and make small frames and handles made from the same material.
I have conducted seminars, professional development courses as well as give demonstrations at the various woodshows over the years showing the advantages of the guides. I usually get some interest when producing some articles of what can be done, but as soon as I mention the construction of Jigs and Templates it seem to end there. Most router users would have the router under the table (that's where I put my first router until I found out more about the template Guides).
So I suppose what I am saying it is difficult to get over the advantages of the guides to anyone who has always used the table and not prepared to make jigs and Templates. All my templates were made from 9-12mm MDF.
I could explain how I produced the various Jigs and templates but it would be foreign to those who have never used the guides before. (No disrespect intended here).
If you are new to working with guides I have prepared a PDF file on 'The introduction to the use of Template Guides' if you email me i will send a copy. That is the good news the bad news is, I will be on the other side of Australia for the next three weeks visiting family therefore I will not have access to my computer.
Tom

Back