New router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, the router table itself isn't new. It's from a Record router table which Dexter (Pete) kindly gave me last year. Or was it the year before?

Anyway, the main problem with it was that it was rather low for working height (800mm ish) and the footprint was quite large due to the splayed legs of the frame.

I decided to ditch the frame and keep the top, building a new frame underneath in this style

003-5.jpg

So I made a start today on getting the frame for the underneath of the table made

001-8.jpg

Also made 4 "legs" - these aren't actually legs as the unit sits on castors for moveability. But they do support the frame underneath the top.

002-3.jpg

Got to get the box made and the support arm. Hopefully get it finished off tomorrow.

Cheers

Karl

After sitting in a corner for a good number of months, I finally pulled my finger out this afternoon and got this up and running. Not finished yet, but you'll get the general idea.

2011-11-04211534.jpg

I ditched the idea of a flip up top in favour of a Router Raizer which i'll order next week. So some doors on the front, and a lick of paint and jobs (hopefully) a good 'un.

Cheers

Karl

Karl, that is ace. I say that because I went down the same road and we ended up the same place. The base frame splays and takes way too much room, so I built a new base, on wheels. Yours is posher though. Too nice to paint I reckon. Good tables though, I sold mine on ebay for almost what it cost about 5 years ago, to make a new one using the Axi lift. Must actually use that one day soon !!

Cheers Douglas. Having a small 'shop was the principle reason for wanting to get rid of the splayed leg arrangement.

I think I will eventually make the top as a lift up arrangement, if only for ease of access. But I envisage it will principally stay as it is.

The cupboard provides loads of storage - 3 other routers and the Trend M&T jig!

Cheers

Karl

Back