New Router Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Have been busy over the Xmas hols building my long awaited new router cabinet to do justice to the Trend T11 I bought some time ago.

It's been a while coming due to the usual competing demands for my time, but finally got up a head of steam and have pretty much finished the base cabinet, a mobile base to put it on, and laminated up a large top for it.

Just have to decide whether to squeeze in another shallow drawer in the centre below the router (not sure yet how much space the router needs but will measure up today), make the door for the dust chamber, and rout out the aperature in the top for the Trend insert plate, and make the fence.

One thing I wasn't sure about though was whether to treat the mdf that the cabinet is made from with anything to avoid it getting too tatty too quickly or absorbing moisture in the workshop (although it is kept frost free and the rest of the tools seem to be fine ). Any suggestions on whether it might be necessary and what would be suitable to use would be gratefully received :?

Will try and post some pictures when completed, but may be next Xmas at the current rate of progress :lol:

Chisel
A quick coat of oil or thinned varnish works well on MDF. Anything to seal it. I usually apply a coat of wax once dry and that stops glue, paint, etc sticking to it.
HTH
Philly :D

Back