New Record Saw 260

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
There appears to be some adverse comments re this saw. Sliding carriage needs the owner to self drill and tap to fix this equipment. Also the fence is giving some rework to be done.
Is this normal self tapping on this type of equipment?

devonwoody":2en4n1iq said:
There appears to be some adverse comments re this saw. Sliding carriage needs the owner to self drill and tap to fix this equipment. Also the fence is giving some rework to be done.
Is this normal self tapping on this type of equipment?

Devonwoody, I bought mine 2 months ago and I did not have to drill any holes to fit the sliding table, all the holes come pre drilled. When Record first launched this saw the dowel holes in the table where left blank and once you had bolted the carriage on and checked and adjusted the alignment you then drilled the 6mm holes to knock in the dowels,(but drilling cast iron is very easy) this ensured if you removed the carriage etc the reassembly would be perfectly aligned. But this is now done at the factory.

As for the fence, This one of the saws main strengths it's superb. I doubt you will find a better one for the money,

Sincerely pleased to hear after the report I read that these teething problems have now been sorted out.

One day I expect to be in the market to upgrade my own setup.

Back