New Record Power Web Site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are in process of loading/debugging and seem to have taken it off line at present.
When I looked at it, only some of the links were correct so I guess they are fixing them. Maybe the pigs are having some difficulty in getting airbourne :wink:
What I did see was a very interesting new project by Alan Holtham.
John

At last - but it's a pile of poo at the moment !

I actually managed to download the BS350 manual - returned to the site later and the links are all over the place. :(

You would of thought Record would of tested their new site before going live.

John

John, You would think that all firms would test putting up a web site which the whole world can read, but they almost always do not. What annoys me is how these computer whizz kids can get away with this, when everyone else, by which I mean anyone who has to make a physical product (e.g. woodworkers) have to check everything is right before delivery. Imagine what would happen if you delivered a chair with only three legs, when the client wanted four :)

If you got a 'holding page' before it's most likely because they have moved servers and your ISP hadn't updated their dns records. basically your browser was still pointing to the old server.

Hi Charley ...
The problem was they went live without their hyper links working correctly. They put a holding page for a while, then went live but still the links were not correct. (pointed to the wrong items or were indexing). They seem to be OK now except that the pictures on Alan Holtham's project are not on their server so crosses are displayed!

The good thing was that I managedto load down the manual for their new BS350 bandsaw and compare with the Axminster 3501 & CCVBB. From this I discovered that the warranty on the BS350 is actually 6 months on the motor and electrics, not 5 years as their headline warranty implies :roll:

Oh well!

It seems to be working fine now - and it looks a whole lot better than the old one I must say.

I am sure I recently read a response from Record in the forum on their old site about the 5 year guarantee. From what I remember it said something along the lines that the guarantee info written into their manuals etc predated the buy out last year and was the brainchild of their old legally paranoid (American) parent company. They also said that all parts (including electrics and motors) were still covered for 5 years against manufacturing faults. Perhaps they should update their manuals as well as their website?

Having said that, the only time I had a problem with a Record machine (broken belt on an RSBS12 - great machine) the response was quick and friendly.

Cheers

Scratchy

One of the reasons I sent back a BS300 saw a month ago was the NVR switch was faulty and the manual quoted only 6 months warranty for the electrics including the motor, I was concerned that I would be holding a proverbial lemon, if they are extending the 5year warranty to the electrics and are using out of date info in the manual then a simple printed slip in the manual would save a lot of confusion,

Nigel

I have contacted Record about the 6 months warranty issue - as yet they have not responded. I have shortlisted the BS350 but am not prepared to purchase with a 6 months waranty. The Axminster bandsaws have 12 months cover.

Gidon - nice review, looks like a bit of a bargain. I have the RSBS12 which has also been very good but these new ones look a whole lot better - typical.

Seems Record have a problem with co-ordination, singing and hymn sheets. Shame, cos I've always found them helpful and they seem to be coming out with some good kit - see also https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... ht=tspp250 . I have been coveting one of these for some time but unfortunately don't have the space - never mind. Have to see if Kity does make a re-appearance or maybe the TSPP250 without the sliding carriage until the lottery ticket comes up and add it later?

Still the long awaited site is a definate improvement so maybe they are making the effort at last.

Cheers

Scratchy

Thanks Scratchy. Their new website does seem a little more dynamic, but shame they've got rid of the forum there. Still, I've found their support so far first class.

With regards to a TS - have you considered a Scheppach TS2000 - great if like me you are limited to space? And they also have a cheaper version made in China available too which doesn't look much different.

Cheers

Gidon

Back