New QS at Workshop Heaven

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Studders. Would have been better to post it in Hand Tools and then ask Alf to list it in her Hand Tool Review Links.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Great review there Peter...and exactly what I was expecting.

Having sampled my first QS product...the 2 3/8" iron that is now permanently residing in my over 100 year old panel infill....I think I might be getting some more of them as and when the need arises.

What pleased me the most was the speed at which is was possible to hone the edge to a very keen cutting weapon. I had a very hard time with A2 and was expecting the same from the QS but this honed faster than my 01 in my No.7 so I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks again for the superb review and taking time to write it.

Jim

Thanks for the reviews folks.

Seems the plane has proven its mettle, and if I didn't have to fork out a few hundred for a new extension roof, I would buy one. Looks like next month now though. :)

Where am I going to store these extra blades though Matthew? :mrgreen:

Regards

John.

Great Review and obviously a good plane.

But I think I've been convinced not to buy it. Why? - Well with already a QS 4,5 and 6 I don't think I need it enough although especially as Peter said he wouldn't swop his current no 5.

Would be a lovely present though....

Benchwayze":dwn0nh3b said:
Where am I going to store these extra blades though Matthew?

Regards

John.

Well, you could always embed them into a couple of protective wooden blocks to keep them snug. You'll need to wedge the blades in, for safety, and they had better have handles...

Back