New Porter- Cable Routers with 12-24 threaded screws missin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickH

Reaction score
I have just bought a new Porter Cable Router 895PK with a plunge base 8931 and the screws that hold the edge 'guide rods' were missing. It appears several Porter Cable buyers in the USA over years have found the same problem because the threads are UNC 12-24... OK these can be bought from a company called Farnell here in the UK but it has taken me hours to locate them. Farnell have a minimum £20 to pay by card. I've put a few feelers out & see if some kind person in the US will post 4 as this is all I need.
I could have threaded the unusual threads out to 6mm but I didn't want to change the Base in any way re 'guarantees'. I thought this thread rarity might help some one else who might buy a Porter-Cable plunge base router....

(hammer)

i dont know what these screws are like- eg head type, but googling unc 12-24 and restricting the pages to UK seems to brink up a fair few. Have you contacted Porter Cable themselves, or whereever you bought it from?

I'd certainly try contacting the manufacturer. Years ago I bought a Kreg mitre for my table saw (before they were readily available in the UK) and it was missing the brass locating pin. An email to Kreg got an immediate reply with a replacement part airmailed and delivered in a few days.

An alternative may be http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANDUIT-UCTGS ... 0916533378 - if they are long enough.

Misterfish

Latest posts

Back