New piece posted in Gallery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

As part of a test review for a new deep hollowing system I turned a tall hollow form with a 2mm wall section, this was later airbrushed with Chestnut's spirit dyes and then pierced with the dental drill I have on loan.

The inside was sprayed black with ebonising lacquer, the piece, called Secret Garden because of the long and winding path type cut out was turned from a wet sycamore log and measures 10" tall by 6 1/2" in diameter.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/gallery/det ... 274286406e

Regards....Mike

Outstanding - truly a work of art.

Adam

I think it is incredible in terms of the craftsmanship, but the finish I don't get at all. It must be the photos's I guess, but (in those photos, on this PC) it could be spray-painted clay or plastic.

Jake":234gnq44 said:
I think it is incredible in terms of the craftsmanship, but the finish I don't get at all. It must be the photos's I guess, but (in those photos, on this PC) it could be spray-painted clay or plastic.

I must admit, I thought the same thing. But the workmanship is amazing

Jake":2tt2o8dq said:
... the finish I don't get at all. It must be the photos's I guess, but (in those photos, on this PC) it could be spray-painted clay or plastic.
:?: :?: Except for the lovely woodgrain showing through Jake :shock:

Mike,
Another beautiful piece,
You seem to be enjoying the dental drill :wink:

cd

Sorry, I didn't mean my message to sound offensive, if it did. It is totally a matter of subjective taste, and the finish is obviously extremely well done. What I should have posted was a question asking about the reason for CC using the vivid colouring he does. I can see that it frees up from the monotony of natural wood, which for art-like vessels like this can make them seem a bit samey otherwise, despite the incredible skill.

Latest posts

Back