NEW Perform Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you still to go to the Tools 2005 show, have a look at the new Perform T/S. It is available now and will be in the new 2006 catalogue.

I can't see the catch, really heavy, cast Iron table, extension tables, sliding carriage, solid fence, mitre slide etc etc all for £580. Looks an excellent buy and I think will rob customers from the white range. I am in the market for a T/S next year so would welcome anyones comments.

BRgds

Simon.

i saw that too, i am pretty sure its same a the SIP machine. Still a lot of saw for the money though.

Tom

DaveL and I were arrested by the sight of that one on our way out. Only a cursory look, and you all know what a tablesaw expert I am, but it looked like a lot of kit for the cash. I could have done with a couple of those cast iron tables for my diamond paste in fact... :-k :D

Cheers, Alf

Well I went back on Thursday and took these pictures.
Dscn3925s.jpg

Dscn3920s.jpg

Dscn3923s.jpg

Dscn3919s.jpg

All we need now is Andy King to get hold of one for review, it looks good.
Fence has fine winder and magnifier, sliding table with solid clamp on mitre guide, not sure why they are supplying the mitre guide for the T slot as well. It had a standard 13amp plug on the lead bonus if you don't have a 16amp outlet.
If it works as good as it looks at that price point it should sell like hot cakes.

Thanks for posting those Dave. I will be in the market for a new TS soon but I think I'll hold off now and wait to see how well this one is received. If it gets as much acclaim as the other Perform badged products it will be a definite contender, at that price it's even worth getting one shipped over here. It would still be cheaper than buying a comparable machine locally.

Cheers,

---------------
Simon

Looks the same as SIP one I recently looked at - especially the fine adjuster on the fence

costs £80 more though :-k Must be all that yellow paint that raises the price

Looks the same as the SIP. The fence and fine adjuster, the layout of the rise and fall and tilt wheels, the crown guard etc all appear to be the same.

If the price of £580 includes the sliding table as well then it may well be a fantactic bargain as I think that costs around £250 extra on top of the SIP basic price of £500.

Not sure if it has the same 3hp motor though, and if the sliding table is the same, as they must have saved money somewhere !

The APTC rep told me that it does include the sliding table (in fact they will only sell it complete, there are no add ons / options).

The motor is 3hp (I asked) although he said it was not the same one as in the White version. I asked what the difference was and he said it was in bearing / winding quality, but for £500+ saving that is at least a couple of replacements and I am not going to use it anything like a white product is designed to be used. He also started it up for me - very quiet, I was really impressed.

As others have said, first to get one will have a number of interested members waiting for the review!

Yes I did midle of last year,Just as the man in shop told me take your time in setting up and it will be fine.He was right.Sliding table has taken time to get running true ,Im very pleased with it ,value for money I give it A+.

A friend bought a site saw which i believe was a SIP, the sliding table on his looked suspiciously similar to the one shown and frankly it was awful,
It wobbled and the small table, on the slide, made it difficult to hold anything over a couple of feet in length.
Sorry to rain on your parade.
Dom

Simon, s'what Tony's just got I believe - they seem to have ditched the fetching yellow in favour of white, which frankly I consider a deal breaker... [-(

Cheers, Alf

Back