New pattern request

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there is anyone out there that can help me out. I am after a nice design for making children's names. I am not sure if I will explain this properly but here goes. I need to start off with a straight line for the name to stand on and be a part of the wood and then either side of the name I would like a design that comes up, maybe just above the name and then sweeps round underneath the name, maybe a bit of scroll type work with some cut outs and ideally with two feet included so it can be free standing to stand on a shelf or a mantle piece. I would be using 20mm hardwood to make the names. I would be truly grateful for any help. many thanks.

Geoff.

hi geoff i have some like that iam up to my neck in work with all the xmas orders but will look and find what you are looking for :D :D

Hi Geoff,
If I wanted the pattern you describe I would have a go at DIY with Inkscape.Its a very clever program and fun to play with, and its FREE. just GOOGLE for it.Jim Mex over on SSW did a very good tutorial for it, also look at Travis in Scroll saw village.
The tutorials are very time consuming and a bit of a mind bender to get your head round, But I find just playing with the prog can produce some fantastic results,the tool tool I like best is the deform tool, you just use a default font to print the name wanted, then deform the individual letters to make them different.
There is a bloke over on SSW called ( Fretnot )sounds like he could help you, he is very handy. and I think he must live very close to you. ..... cheers TTFN Geoff3

Back