New Olympic Sport

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshirechappie

Established Member
Reaction score
As we're now apparently installing surface-to-air missiles in London, have we come up with a new Olympic Sport - Potting the Jumbo? Is it a bit like javelin with high explosive warheads and missile propellants? Do you get bonus points for downing a Ryanair flight and thus putting the unfortunate passengers out of their misery?

Hi

Well if they shoot then down they are going to come down somewhere populated and kill lots of people.
Isn't that what the terrorists want?

Pete

Racers":57byhpb5 said:
Hi

Well if they shoot then down they are going to come down somewhere populated and kill lots of people.
Isn't that what the terrorists want?

Pete

Quite.

It makes about as much sense as stationing a Royal Navy warship in the Thames. What's that going to do? Sink a passing dredger just to show that it can?

The whole thing smacks of showing off - look at our high-tech gadgets, toys and whizz-bangs. It's very hard to see what practical use they might be.

If it was not in London, and another city in this country, the defence would consist of a policeman at the exit of the stadium waving his baton.

Once again a lot of money being wasted because it is in London, by the time the order to shot has been approved the terrorists will have finished what they were doing anyway.

There are footie matches and other events taking place all over the country as part of the Olympics are those towns and cities getting ground to air missiles.

All the terrorists have to do is target one of those places and they will cause panic UK wide anyway which is what they want.

Tom

Oh dear Studes me awd mate! The last Guy Fawks bonfire were put out on the 9th :shock:

Working on the principle that what goes up might come down (David Gunson) if owt is shot out of the London skies it is going to cause bloody havoc over a fair area.

Conclusion? If the naughty boys do try to target the Ollies then if they succeed they have won and if they don't and are shot down then the debris is going to do loads of damage anf they have won. Does the expression 'win win' come to mind?

The Ollies are going to cost England a very large fortune, which certain parties are going to coin it in and the rest are left with a bleedin HUGE bill. I'm glad that I am out of it and I will watch certain 'sports', but for me the Ollies died when the original spirit was thrown out and the pros took over :cry: :cry:

Paris and we were lucky!

It will save the terrorists having to hijack a jet, now they can just hi jack a missile launcher to bring the plane down and live to do it again. :roll:

On behalf of the one-and-a-half million people who lived daily with a terrorist threat for 30 years, may I please wish ALL Londoners, residents, tourists and athletes a safe and happy Games?

My own daughter will be using that quaint out-dated thing they call The Tube right up to almost the Opening Ceremony, so I share just a smidgeon of the angst and worry from some quarters.

Sam

Back