New MFT 'square' from Benchdogs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is correct? There’s only one way to find out….FIIIIGGGHHTT!
For what it’s worth I read the original comment in a positive way too in that the work wasn’t offshored.
That said, I’m a oldish bloke as well and @Spectric, I might have said “…language was taught very differently…” instead of “different” 😉.
I shall confer with Mrs Puggers who will put me right because as a Sarf Londoner, I don’t talk proper anyway.

Language and words, yes all getting rather wokied and mixed up. I heard the other day that if someone says they are sick it does not mean they are ill or have chucked up but it is good, WTF is going on! What happens when any word can mean one of multiple meanings and you don't have any sixth sense or mind reading ability.

Language and words, yes all getting rather wokied and mixed up. I heard the other day that if someone says they are sick it does not mean they are ill or have chucked up but it is good, WTF is going on! What happens when any word can mean one of multiple meanings and you don't have any sixth sense or mind reading ability.
Language maturation? Been happening for centuries... some might say sadly!
I dread to think what happens when some bright teacher allows 'text speak' in his / her classroom!

Thats when the human vocal chords shrivel up as no longer required and all communication is via so called smart devices with no social interaction just before AI takes over!

Simple, you have a statement then followed by "and " which closes off that first part. The " not off-shoring production " is basically saying importing and then ditto Fc Tools is part of that which comes across as an example of somebody who is importing.

Could just be an age thing, language was taught very different years ago in the days of fountain pens and I did spend time as a technical author in a regulated industry.
“Not off-shoring” is not saying importing, it is as saying not importing. Off-shoring is overseas manufacture.

Depends how you read it, " I think it is nice to see a British Company being innovative like this and not off-shoring production (ditto FC Tools)."

To many it will read as two parts and not singular, "and not off shoring production " is saying xxxxx is off shoring production. Had it been singular then easy read, make everyone inclusive under one sentence. Anyway both Benchdogs and FC tools are a great asset to woodworking even though it impacts our pockets.
You seem to have a knack of ‘de-railing’ the discussion.

I think we will have to have this topic moved to the 'Off-Topic II (for controversial topics)' if it carries on at this rate! 😂

Last edited:
Back