Members can turn off viewing Ads!

New members

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
@MikeK

Technical question, is there still a rule that new members need to make 3 posts before being able to use the "PM" system, now that PMs are now conversations?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
At this time they can PM (conversation) on validation of registration. Was there a rule earlier that new members could not PM until after 3 posts? Not something I was aware of.

Was it helpful, or not?

Argus

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that there was a 3-post embargo on PMs, adding photos and using the 'For Sale' section..........
I'm still a bit of a new boy and getting used to it all....................

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
It used to be 3 messages before PM's could be used. It was to prevent spam, but I am not sure that it has ever been an issue via PM. If that was somebody's aim then 3 posts wouldn't take much to achieve within a couple of mins. To my knowledge, nobody has bothered so the rule is probably not necessary.

I asked because I wondered if it was still in place with the conversation system rather than suggesting it needed to be.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
It used to be 3 messages before PM's could be used. It was to prevent spam, but I am not sure that it has ever been an issue via PM. If that was somebody's aim then 3 posts wouldn't take much to achieve within a couple of mins. To my knowledge, nobody has bothered so the rule is probably not necessary.

I asked because I wondered if it was still in place with the conversation system rather than suggesting it needed to be.
There was a limit on hosted photos too but I don't know what that was because I always put them on the forum server.

Linus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a new member but utterly confused by this system. I read separately in various fora(ums) that in order to pm a member I need 3 or 20 or 50 posts before the facility is granted! Can anyone clarify as the help section doesn't 😕

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
at the moment it is zero. if you are registered you can send PMs (now conversations)

stimpy

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is the best thread to tag my query on... I am relatively new but made a few posts now but am apparently still not authorised to put a Wanted add up. Is this correct? If so what is the protocol to allow me to do so?..

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is the best thread to tag my query on... I am relatively new but made a few posts now but am apparently still not authorised to put a Wanted add up. Is this correct? If so what is the protocol to allow me to do so?..
You've been here long enough to use the Wanted forum but require at least 25 posts to start a thread in the For Sale forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Stimpy, I've edited my earlier post as perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough: it should be 3 posts for wanted and 25 posts for the For Sale board.
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts