UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been peeking around the forums for a while now, so thought it might be time to say hello, so hello!!!

I'm relatively new to this wood spoiling lark, but i do work loosly in the trade. I work in a tool suppliers, small company, owned by an old master builder, so i have quiet a bit of knowledge of tools, just need to learn how to use them now.

Thats where you come in :)

I'm more interested in the DARK SIDE of things (thanks to encountering derek on another forum).

Hopefully i'll be a regular poster on the forum, probably trying to steal all you hard learnt tips, tricks, help and secrets until i learn some of my own, but i should be able to repay you all with help and advise about power tools (we stock over 24 brands now!!!) including the secret soon to be released and new products being developed. 8)

Matt.

Welcome Matt!

Or should that be, welcome to the darkside, Matt? :twisted:

You'll find there are plenty of people here who will freely share--no secrets here. Well, about tools and their use anyway.

Again, welcome.

Mike

Hi Mike
Glad to see your on the dark side. Hope your one of those that appreciate things like the 45 and 55 :D . It'll help us rub some people. In Jest of course

Why not share some of those secret tools with us :whistle:

Hi Matt,

Welcome. You will find many of swing both ways here so no need to feel embarassed about preferring the the shady side of the street. :lol:

waterhead37":38evqura said:
You will find many of swing both ways here so no need to feel embarassed about preferring the the shady side of the street. :lol:

Um not sure how to read that :shock: :shock:

Welcokme Matt, like me you'll learn loads here.

Matt

Funny things happening, the yanks are making the first welcome :lol:

How about opening a branch down here in S. Devon :wink:

I am always in need of tools and advice.

devonwoody":2dpvhcc9 said:
Matt
Funny things happening, the yanks are making the first welcome :lol:
Not when one considers it was only 6 pm when I posted, 10 pm or so when Slim did 8)

Now it's time for me to unplug and lock the shop-and y'all are getting started on your day.

Have a good one.

Mike

Welcome, Matt. The force if the Darkside is strong round here; you've been warned. It tends to be disguised as a gentle-looking Slope, which soon becomes more like a Black Run... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Matt,

A very hearty welcome to you. :wink:

Remember, as is often said on here, there is no such thing as a stupid question - only sometimes stupid answers! So ask away whenever you want.

Cheers,

Trev.

Thanks for your welcomes everyone, will be posting my first question soon, keep your eyes peeled.

Nice to see some familiar faces (well names) here (Jaco, trev and La Truciolara).

Why not share some of those secret tools with us

How about a cordless nailer, better than the paslode machine, comes in a green box.

And how about self sanding paper!!!! (now that would be nice).

Matt.

Back