UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midge29

Established Member
Reaction score
hia all. my name is nigel and from kent i,m a new member on here, have been reading on here for months now as i have always had an interest in woodworking and i did like making gun stocks until recently when i purchased a tyme avon lathe and i,m hooked. i have had a little success with making a few bowls vases, mushrooms, having a few probs getting clean cuts and finishing to a good standard though . think with a bit more practise and a bit more studying on here i may improve and get somewhere near some of the great works ive seen on here ,

Welcome to the forum Nigel, as they say, practice makes perfect and if you get hooked enough to bypass any boredom hickies then one day very soon you'll wonder where the problems went.

thanks all . doesanyone know if there is a local club or anywhere i may be able ta get some hands on lessons without paying a fortune

midge29":3cm0r3w4 said:
thanks all . doesanyone know if there is a local club or anywhere i may be able ta get some hands on lessons without paying a fortune

starting point would be

http://www.kentwoodturners.com

meetings on 1st Tues and 3rd Sats at The Friars, Aylesford

hands on sessions are very much practical instruction, and the demonstrations are both theory and an opportunuty to ask detailed questions. you may also find you want to arrange more intensive tuition from one of the professional members on a commercial basis.

also a good source of books and DVDs (library basis) as well as a source of abrasives and consumables

coffee's not Starbucks, but then again it's free!

Back