New Member Question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIR

Reaction score
Hello there everyone, I have just joined. Can I ask a question I am retiring from my business and will be selling all my workshop machinery but the for sale part of this site says I need 20 posts before I can advertise. Is this a post? Or can I comment and reply to other people and will that be counted as a post? Or will I need to start 20 new topics? I'm a bit unsure? Thank you. By the way even though I am retiring from my joinery/cabinet making I am moving into a different area still woodwork related, so I am still happy to be here!!

Hello SIR,
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for asking the question.
The For Sale board is for existing members to sell their unused tools and equipment to other members that, through continued use of the forum, they may have some small understanding of and a small element of trust built up.
The 20 post requirement is to prevent non members from using the forum as a free version of eBay, signing up just to sell their stuff.
As stated in the Market place rules ...

It is in everybody's interests that the Market Place board runs as efficiently and orderly as possible. This will only happen if members read and adhere to our guidelines. The facility is totally free so please read the guidelines and post accordingly and do not abuse the service.
New members need a post count of at least 20 to create threads in the For Sale section.
Attempts to circumvent the above restrictions with gratuitous posts elsewhere will risk all such posts and the subsequent For Sale Post being removed.

So whilst you are more than welcome to join in the banter and knowledge sharing I'm afraid that gratuitous posts will not help you.
There is, or rather should be, a premier post facility available to new members but unfortunately we have some software issues at the moment that prevent them being implemented.

Hope this clarifies the situation.
Regards
Nev

Thank you for clarifying this Nev, I don’t want to break any rules so will not post my items for sale. Although I will enjoy getting to know people on here hopefully! Thanks Sean.

Welcome to the forum!

If you did a thread talking about your business, maybe include some info about what work you did and some images -members would be very interested. Also as a pro, Im sure you could offer valuable contribution on here.

The for sale section is for members not newbies, but you would soon become a genuine member with worthwhile contributions..........

(not trying to encourage people joining merely for using the for sale section).

If you love a bit of Brexit, get on the BBC thread -its the one with about 300 pages :D

Welcome, but beware the bbc post, thar lies monsters! Even as a settled in newbie I’ve not managed to stay on top of that one.

Fitz.

I had a nasty medical test today, what they call "invasive". This necessitated filling in several forms, including giving them a list of all my medication and medical issues, by name and symptoms.

So I put "Brexit" followed by "headaches and nausea".

It didn't help much. :-(

But welcome to the forum anyway!

Latest posts

Back