New member..a bit about myself

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was referred here by another member. At present I basically scroll and am trying to learn how to turn....I am interested in learning about how to resaw and plane my own wood for scrolling plus a ton of other woodworking things I have no idea how to do.
Hoping I can help out with any scrolling questions on the site. I've been scrolling for about 3.5 years and own two scrollsaws....Hubby and I were starting to argue about who would be using it today so now we have a matching set. :lol:
Not sure where or how to post pics of my work here so info on this would be appreciated.
Lin

Hi Lin, welcome to the site. Would be great to see pictures of your work. Gill, our resident scroll saw expert, will no doubt be along shortly.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Lin

Nice to see you here at last :). There's a tutorial on adding images to messages here. If you want to, you can upload your photos to the gallery too.

Noel":z5e3m215 said:
Gill, our resident scroll saw expert
It's flattering of you to describe me as such, but Lin's arrival means we really do have a scroll saw expert. She's taught me a lot about scrolling and I'm hoping she soon works out how to post piccies here so that you can all see the sort of standard I aspire to. Lin's website (with examples of her work) is here.

Gill

Welcome Lin,

lovely work.

My own modest efforts are well and truely in the shade now but it is always nice to be inspired.

Andy

Thank-you all for the warm welcome.....Think I'm gonna like it here....A special thanks to "Gill" for inviting me.
I think I got the "How to" on posting pics with in a message....but do I post with in the message on this board or another? Also is there something in specific that you folks would like to see?
Gill.....Help me out here. You know the type of work I have done. What pics should I post? Fretwork, Segmentation, Intarsia (I have only done one of these), Relief cutting, Portrait style, Clocks, Mirror Magic, Custom Fretwork Frames......I have done a lot of different types of scrolling....What do I post to get everyones creative jucies flowing?
Lin

Bit belated, Lin, but a hearty welcome.

Which pics. to post? All of 'em, but just one or two at a time, to keep us all drooling in expectatation of the next! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Hi Lin, Lovely work. Glad to see someone else from the fairer sex joining to balance the 'Boy Toy' fraternity.

As you have a web site already you can just reference pictures on there:

Like So:
surfpiscesleafbssm.jpg

If you wish to keep the ones referred to on this forum separate then you can load them into a separate folder on your web server.

Hi Lin

There's a section here called "Completed Projects, Workshop Tours & Past Mistakes" that is ideal for posting up piccies of completed projects. For myself, I'd love to see some of your custom frames but I think other members here might like your motor bike work. The choice is yours - there's no reason why you can't post all your projects!

I doubt you've got many photographs of "work in progress", but they can be quite interesting too, as they demonstrate some of the more difficult aspects of a project. We all like to know the ticks of the trade! Details of materials used, types of tools... whatever info you're prepared to offer about your work, we'll lap it up :) .

Gill

Welcome Lin.
Lovely work.
This is a really friendly forum and your contributions will be most interesting to all of us, I am sure of that.
I know nothing at all about scrolling so I shall definitely be paying attention! I might not say much but I will be paying attention - Honestly!

SF

Hi Lin.

Went and had a look at your web site, and I can say that was another great workscene to come from the USA.

( a bit worried about all that sawdust though)

Back