New logo or lets house the homeless veterans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AES - I understand the point you are making but members of this forum are a somewhat skewed demographic - older than average, many whose parents fought in WW2, many may have served (NI, Falklands, M.East etc)

What happens, as is sadly inevitable, when natural processes reduce the number of veterans further. Who will RBL support. Where will the income come from. All organisations need to reinvent themselves from time to time as circumstances change around them.

Rebranding is not about today, it is concerned with what the future holds a decade or more from now.

OK Terry - Somerset, I do take your point about the demographic here (e.g. my Dad fought in WW One!!!), and hopefully (though probably unlikely unfortunately) there won't be any such "major" conflicts for the younger generation/s to get used to the idea of veterans as we've had in the past. As I said, hopefully!

And I also do take your point about thinking of "the future".

But apart from anything else, (and don't forget I've not lived in UK for over 30 years now) I really do wonder if the poppy idea and the RBL name really DID/DOES need updating? But as said, perhaps you're right.

Nevertheless I do wonder what (if anything) the RBL is doing to "publicise" that "need" for "modernisation? (As said, I acknowledge that you're probably right about the age demographic here, but IF the perception here IS also common among the general populace in UK then surely they ought to be saying something in public)?

I guess I'm not really "qualified" to comment about a UK thing any more and should shut up, but having been at the "sufferers" end of such BS in a business environment, my scepticsm on such "marketing flower arranger's BS" knows practically no bounds!!!

I'm not sure if I am right about all this - it would be harsh to say such a well respected organisation as RBL has outlived its usefulness, but it does need to understand its future mission (another marketing buzzword) and emotionally engage a younger demographic.

Incidentally I somewhat agree with your observation about marketing BS - it is often a substitute for the blindingly obvious, dressed up in jargon.

Interesting how help for heroes has engaged the younger demographic in a way that the RBL hasn't.

Cheers James

There should be any homeless veterans.

People who serve for their country should receive all the care and help they need.

It's terrible we don't have the mental health or property to help our veterans.

People that suffer PTSD as a result of going to war to protect us, should get ample help.

wouldn't you like to see the pitch that comes along with a 100k label/logo update.

I hope they got about 3000 different file formats, tints and such with it.

I know over here at least, it's a big deal to do a due diligence search to make sure someone else doesn't have name or similar logo, but who knows how much that costs.....local health system chose a made up word that was said later to match a german prophylactic brand, but I didn't "do the due diligence on that".

I'd guess that the ad groups follow up on groups they've done new logos for and the pitch goes something like "increased donations by X".

There should be any homeless veterans.

People who serve for their country should receive all the care and help they need.

It's terrible we don't have the mental health or property to help our veterans.

People that suffer PTSD as a result of going to war to protect us, should get ample help.

Why single out veterans? Almost everyone serves their country in one way or another.

Why single out veterans? Almost everyone serves their country in one way or another.
Its singled because that's what the thread is about.....and veterans more than most suffer mental health issues and end up homeless.

Being shot at in Afghanistan is above and beyond.

That's why.

Back