New LN offerings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, interesting stuff. I'd heard the #100 and medium shoulder were "due", but the workbench bits and pieces are news to me. Humph - metal dogs. Lunacy... :roll: Nothing compared to the lunacy of woodworker's buying wooden ones though. But maybe they're stamped "Lie-Nielsen" so that'd be all right then... :whistle: :wink: The chain-driven shoulder vice is an interesting one. Is that an original idea? Certainly I can't recall another one like that, although obviously a chain drive has some "previous"... :-s

Philly":3k9r1jaw said:
I see DC's new DVD is out too!! Looking forward to that!
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/library.html ... u=DVD-DC-3
There'll be a review soon-ish. Might have been one already if the package hadn't been mistaken for a birthday pressie by TPTBs so I've only just got it... #-o

Cheers, Alf

I'm not really convinced by the chain drive idea - I look forward to a review by someone. As I see it, the chain is bound to stretch in use to the point where the screw with the handle which does the driving, will inevitably tighten up first - just like my Veritas does! In the case of the Veritas I can easily tighten the other screw with its own handle but in the case of the LN without the extra handle, I don't see how this might be accomplished.

At the prices they are charging for wooden bench dogs and reckoning I could make a couple of hundred a day when I have the necessary jigs set up, I think I might just offer a competing product!

I can see myself with a new palm plane. Maybe even two, then I'll be able to play "bumper cars" with them (don't know why but it reminds me of a bumper car...).
Frank

waterhead37":vvckcvzo said:
I'm not really convinced by the chain drive idea - I look forward to a review by someone. As I see it, the chain is bound to stretch in use to the point where the screw with the handle which does the driving, will inevitably tighten up first - just like my Veritas does! In the case of the Veritas I can easily tighten the other screw with its own handle but in the case of the LN without the extra handle, I don't see how this might be accomplished.

Why not rebalance the chain?

LVvisebalance.jpg

Back