New Life for an Old Saw – Advanced Filing and Restoration

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nav_i_gator":19ga4oic said:
Bob,

Since yesterday, I applied the techniques that you taught and the twist has moved from a bias line to a vertical line located about 2/3 way from the handle to the toe. It now seems to be equally likely to flex left or flex right with slight force applied. Its a D9 and the blade steel is thin otherwise the saw does not show a lot of wear.

Regards,
Nav_i_gator

Sounds great. I can fix some twists, but not all. Beginning with the lightest blow possible is key, because once a spot is hit too many times, the steel compacts and distorts irreversibly.

Bob,
Thanks for your help.
That front third still wants to wiggle like a fish tail. Almost like its on a hinge. It will come to rest either left or right oriented depending on the wiggle cycle.
Don't know what to do about it.
I did take the approach of do too little rather than too much.
Well its on to sharpening following your guidance.
Thanks,
Nav_i_gator

Bob Smalser":zrjed3gn said:
Sounds great. I can fix some twists, but not all.

Bob, I sent you an email about a week ago with an enquiry about a different subject via an email address you provided over at WoodCentral.

I wonder if you got the email, and also wonder if that's an email address you use as a sort of 'dead letter' mailbox that you seldom check?

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know if you received the email. I'd also understand if you're not interested in co-operating with me regarding the questions I posed. Thanks. Slainte.

Back