New Lee Valley catalog

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank D.":1wscfttx said:
Sorry,
I can't help you but I'm looking forward to page 25.

Why page 25?

When I was a child I eagerly anticipated the Simpson's Sears Christmas Catalogue which came out around this time of year. Now that I am all grown up sort of, I look forward to the Lee Valley Catalogue, with perhaps even greater anticipation.

I wonder if the router plane will debut in this issue. I should add though if you think the catalogue is nice you should see the stores, I live less than thirty minutes away from the London store.

That wasn't a gloat was it?

Hi Middlefehldt,
I thought no one would ask! I had a wonderful link to p.25 but the forum that Rob put it on just lost all messages posted since last month...from what I saw that's the page that will have the 3 "bevel-up" planes, including the new jointer.

Frank D.":17o6ngqz said:
Hi Middlefehldt,
I thought no one would ask! I had a wonderful link to p.25 but the forum that Rob put it on just lost all messages posted since last month...from what I saw that's the page that will have the 3 "bevel-up" planes, including the new jointer.

Here you go.....

http://www.leevalley.com/home/temprl/p25jpg.jpg

....but you'll have to wait for the other 255 pages.... :p

Cheers -

Rob

Mittlefehldt":1jniwv9l said:
I should add though if you think the catalogue is nice you should see the stores, I live less than thirty minutes away from the London store.

I think that we in the States are getting the shaft. I don't know of any Lee Valley stores in the states and there are no tradeshows anywhere near Washington D.C. The closest one is in Philadelphia -- and that one's a flower show. I know, I know, contain your enthusiasm Philly residents. :roll:

The only store in my area that carries Veritas stuff is Woodcraft and they don't even carry their planes.

ydb1md":114j5e65 said:
Mittlefehldt":114j5e65 said:
I should add though if you think the catalogue is nice you should see the stores, I live less than thirty minutes away from the London store.

I think that we in the States are getting the shaft. I don't know of any Lee Valley stores in the states and there are no tradeshows anywhere near Washington D.C. The closest one is in Philadelphia -- and that one's a flower show. I know, I know, contain your enthusiasm Philly residents. :roll:

Hey - at least it looks like Philly might have a real Hockey team this year.... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Cheers -

Rob

(Opening a store in Saskatoon in 5 weeks....)

ydb1md":pm2wi6br said:
(snip)..

I'm not sure if the prices on the rest of the planes are going up, but the bevel-up smoother's new price is $185 -- so save 10 bucks for the next few days!

Ahhh... depends on the country...prices went down overall in Canada, while US prices went up a tad....

Price decreases went into effect weeks ago...any increases go into effect the 2nd....

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":33zbpcl9 said:
Ahhh... depends on the country...prices went down overall in Canada, while US prices went up a tad....

Price decreases went into effect weeks ago...any increases go into effect the 2nd....

Cheers -
Rob

That's it. I've had it. I'm moving north. :x

Almost every week i talk to someone that's just had a great vacation in Canada. They come back talking about the relaxing experience, the laid-back people, better work environment, the health-care, etc.

And now, lower tool prices?! Time to check out their education system. :roll: :wink:

Rob Lee":1to2k7gq said:
Hey - at least it looks like Philly might have a real Hockey team this year.... :shock: :lol: :lol:
Oh good grief. I suppose he'll start gloating about that too... Oh wait, different Philly perhaps... :-k

Anyway, page 25 was drooled over in depth here.

Cheers, Alf

rob will you be sending any copies to your uk customers ,or will we have to ask for one with the next order we send :wink:

frank

frank":3c81jqsz said:
rob will you be sending any copies to your uk customers ,or will we have to ask for one with the next order we send :wink:

frank

Hi -

Unfortunately, international mailing costs make it prohibitive for us to automatically mail catalogues overseas. We do add them to orders though upon request... the catalogues weigh 497g, it's $11.60 per piece to send just the woodworking main by itself!

I can certainly put PDF's up on the web if that helps - a total of 26 files, totalling 24.4MB (the majority under 1MB, with only 8 over... and the router bits section at 4.1MB).

New product will start appearing on the "What's new" area of our website starting today (after 2:00PM EST) too..

As I'll be hopping the pond for the APTC show - I'd be glad to carry some across for people on the board as well - though I do have to leave some room for clothes.... :shock:

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":wotj0pxb said:
As I'll be hopping the pond for the APTC show - I'd be glad to carry some across for people on the board as well - though I do have to leave some room for clothes.... :shock:

The more room you make for the catalogs, the more room you'll have to bring back some beer from the various British Isles.

Latest posts

Back