New kid on the block, saying Hi...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minotauruk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to pop by and say Hi. 2 years new to woodworking, started out with pallet wood and more recently started on some spalted beech. Loving my new found hobby, looking forward to getting outside with the warmer and lighter evenings approaching.

Thanks for having me :)

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get as much pleasure out of it as I have over the years and dont forget to post your projects with photos as often as you can.
Malcolm

Hi from me too minotauruk. Working with wood is addictive. I hope that you realise that!

Just something to note. If you are working with spalted wood be very careful of the dust. That's fungus and definitely not good for you so be sure to wear a good dust mask. I love turning spalted wood because you never know just what you are going to find in it. You can see the form when it's turning but it's always a surprise when you stop it..

What kind of work are you getting in to?

Welcome!

There is just something about working with wood. Even though i do it for a living, i still think of it as a hobby. :D

Jonzjob":1prhqcmf said:
Hi from me too minotauruk. Working with wood is addictive. I hope that you realise that!

Just something to note. If you are working with spalted wood be very careful of the dust. That's fungus and definitely not good for you so be sure to wear a good dust mask. I love turning spalted wood because you never know just what you are going to find in it. You can see the form when it's turning but it's always a surprise when you stop it..

What kind of work are you getting in to?

hi, thx for the welcome. I am totally addicted to woodworking!! I have started out with reclaimed pallet wood and made a pallet wood wall for the cinema room, table top, desk etc. Now got some spalted beech and working on a vanity cabinet for the bathroom, as the bathroom is being rennovated. Also made a stud wall with attached shelves for the bathroom...not done this before so hope it works out :)

Back