New k9 addition to the family!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Say hello to Poppy, our new JRT.

DSC_0129.jpg
DSC_0144.jpg

Poppy was found, by the police, abandoned at a local train station in a very dirty state on Thursday night. The policeman who is a family friend gave us a call as he knows we allready have a JRT. We cautiously said we'd come and see her. All the sensible discussion about wether we should have another dog went out the window when we saw her. Our friends had scrubbed her up and she had such a lovely temprament. Next thing we knew we was in the car and wondering how we would broach the subject with Sugar (doggie number 1).

First meeting was very heated...

DSC_0151.jpg

Soon they were playing cautiously

DSC_0167.jpg

But they are now begining to relax and get on together.

DSC_0128.jpg

Poppy has just been to the vets and got a clean bill of health. Booked in for vaccinations next week.

Now is the uphill struggle trying to train her some basic commands!

Wizer,

That is a very uplifting tale!

Best of luck with trying to train her - we have a JRT called Daisy, and I have been trying to train her for the last 15 years - she understands everything I tell her, she just won't do it! (Typical female!!!!!).

Most dog training experts regards JRTs as just about untrainable!

I wish you a long and happy life together.

Regards

Gary

Hey guy well done! Lovely tale. Looks like they might make a right pair together!

I'm afraid my female dog is the same as Taffy's. Understands everyword... ignores them all except "walkies". She also apears to be totally deaf... until the fridge is opened or sweets are involved. Amazing that :wink:

mark

A great ending to what could have been a sad tale.

Well done :wink: :D

Great story. Always love to see a happy ending where dogs are concerned. Around five years ago, we got Bindi from the local pound. She was beaten and abandoned. If I so much as sneezed she would run to a corner and pee herself. She was very wary of strangers and teriffied of men with black beards. It took some time but now she is a loving and devoted member of our family.

Sorry if I hijacked your post, but you inspired me to share my story.
May3004022.jpg

:D nice one, we got "Becky " our JRT from death row she has the most wonderful temperament to this day we have now had her 3 years

Martyn

thanks all for your comments. Suprisingly Sugar is very obedient most of the time. Only when she is excited does it all go out the window.

Day by day Poppy seems to be settling down and adjusting to her new life.

Wizer - Great to see a lovely dog rescued, I hope the two of them will get along. Our first dog was a sort of 'rescue' dog (We only found out that the breeder had taken her back from the original owners) Usually one of the 'pack' will want to be the dominant dog but that doesn't mean that they can't co-exist :)

Latest posts

Back