New items and some advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
After working on some MDF moulds for a pond filter that i'm building out off fibreglass, i understand the importance of extraction. So after reading the posts and reviews i've purchased the RSDE2 extractor. Went for this model as it's got the power tools attachments etc.

Also ordered the perform Pillar drill as drilling cabinet hinge holes by hand was not up my street!! along with a few squares, waterstone and some castors to make my "ultimate tool stand" http://christophermerrill.net/ww/plans/UTS/Tool_Stand_1.html - whats everyones view in this kind of setup for a limited space shop??

Whilst building the MDF mould, i have been using a small DIY bandsaw that someone loaned me. I didn't realize the amount of use that it would get so i'm after advise on one for myself. Budget, size etc are limited so i've been looking at the BS250 from Record Power. I anyone using this machine or can't anyone comment.

Thanks in advance

Andy

I can't offer you any advice on the bandsaw, except that I have spotted a few posts on that model recently. A search will help.

However, Thanks for the 'Ultimate tool station' link. It looks fantastic! An ideal solution for me as I have to work outside. My only addition would have to be a suitible rain cover :roll: :?

LyNx,
Thanks for the link. I saw this three years ago and then it disappeared along with the original web site. If your going to build one then please keep us all upto date with pics and description.

regards
alan

I'll post the progress pics as i go along. I'm just drawing it up in Autocad at the moment then into MAX so i can see 3d views 8)

Will post pics on new post pretty soon for comments before building

LyNx

I have got a Rexon BS10-SA, which has a 7" depth of cut, will go through 6" oak OK but is happier working on 4" or less hardwood and flies through MDF!.

But more to the point are these filters for a koi pond :?: I took the easy route and bought a preformed filter but did do the direct fibreglass lining of my pond, any pics of your filter/pond :?:

Jason

tim":12rf84p9 said:
My only addition would have to be a suitible rain cover

What about an awning like they have over hot dog stands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

T

Like This? :shock:

HOT-DOG_STAND_G500.jpg

:roll: :lol:

Not sure on the spec i'll require for a BS at the moment as any large stuff i'll get cut at work. Mostly going to be 3" max.

As for the pond, i just got it fibreglassed and built concrete filters. The section i'm building is a primary screen (200 micron) with single shower under. I've added a link to the fibreglassing progress (loads of pics, didn't have time to sort out)

http://www.3rdedition.co.uk/GRP/

LyNx

LyNx, Take a look in issue 153 of Good Woodworking and you will find a very nice tool stand (with pull out plans) by our very own Ian Dalziel. He even shows you how to build your own Biesmeyer fence with double cam locking.

If i was building one, i think that i would add the downdraft sanding table to Ian's spec. Then IMHO this would make it just about perfect.

Regards

Woody

Back