New Issue of PW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!
The latest (August 2005) issue of Pop Wood turned up in the mail today! I was a little surprised to say the least :shock: :lol:
Some good articles, not the least an interview with Norm Abrams. Thats the "Inner Normite" happy then :lol:
And a great article by DC on curving your plane irons.
I do enjoy PW-they keep a high standard and there's always a lot to read.
Cheers
Philly :D

Yep, mine turned up today too. That's two issues in a row that have turned up sooner than expected; will they manage a hat-trick? :shock: I skimmed through the Norm interview and I can see I've totally misunderstood the man. He's obviously working in cramped conditions with basic, hand-me-down tools. I think we should have a whip-round and send him Philly's workshop contents to improve his lot. :wink: :lol: Seriously though, when you read the turnaround on projects, and he has to make each one twice, you do have to take your hat off to him.

Cheers, Alf

I take it you are talking about Popular WW and not Practical WW?

oh dear will i have the same probs as last time and end up with two :roll: :roll:

No sign of mine yet, although since it's less than four weeks since the last issue arrived, I'm not optimistic! :p

Hi Pete

Pete W":ddr8rfnn said:
No sign of mine yet, although since it's less than four weeks since the last issue arrived, I'm not optimistic! :p

Mine arrrived on Thursday so yours can't be far behind. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":msqn2veu said:
Mine arrrived on Thursday so yours can't be far behind.

Neil, you're always a comfort to me :).

Actually, I've got a load of work to do this week, so I don't really mind if it takes a few more days. I'm hopeless at resisting temptation :).

Great edition. Loved it. Even though I now have a strong tendancy to reach for hand tools (thanks to Alf's gentle pressure :D ) , I still remember my powertool habbit that Norm fed and nurtured :wink:

Nice interview with the bearded one - is he thinner?

All-in-all a good mag that I am savouring :D

I'm just back from a couple of weeks' holiday in France, and still no sign of my copy of PWW. Anyone else still waiting, or should I send the snotty e-mail?

France was wonderful (and not just the obvious attractions of food and wine). We stayed in the Dorgogne region and I've never seen so much wood - literally millions of board feet of hardwoods stacked up by the side of every road. And the cottage we rented was furnished with fabulous furniture incluidng some great tables made from local walnut!

Regularly passed one house for sale that was literally just down the road from a sawmill - if I'd had a few hundred thousand euros spare you could call me Monsieur W :).

pete my pop wood never turned up so i asked why it turns out they have sold out so they are going to extend my subs till oct 2007 ,they did say i only subscribed for 4 copies, but i soon got that sorted .i think i will see if they are selling the august p/w as a back issue :twisted: then send them a nice email.

Seems like Frank had the right info - just got an e-mail back from PWW subscriptions and was told the issue is "permanently out of stock". So they've extended my never-ending sub yet again.

My copy always seems to be extremely late, so I'm still hoping it might turn up :roll:

pete go to the web site and look at back issues aug 2005 $8+$4 p/p i think i will send a not so nice email over the weekend . :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Hi Pete

Pete W":lk7zmnw5 said:
just got an e-mail back from PWW subscriptions and was told the issue is "permanently out of stock".

I had the same email about six months ago and the following week my copy turned up.

You can but live in hope.

Cheers
Neil

i have sent off a nice email to pop wood pointing out the fact that i can buy the august issue as a back copy and i did not subscibe for this kind of service, that should make some ones monday morning feel like a monday morning :twisted: :evil:

Back