New incra mastr lift 2 setup, little help needed.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I just spent a good chunk of money upgrading my router table setup..
I got the incra mast lift 2 with magnalock. (jessem made) and the AUK spindle router.
the potential issue i'm having is the incra magna lock inserts have a small amount of play, maybe 1mm each way..
I don't see this been a problem until I go to use the incra magnalock guide bushing insert.. If the guide bushing is slightly moving about this will totally destroy precision stuff like dovetails etc..
Precision being a main reason for my upgrade..
Does anyone else use in a incra magnalock setup.. is there play in the plate / insert?

Thanks

I have the incra magnalock router plate. mine is spot on and the magnets are so strong theres no way its going to move about.
I've had to allot a special rod as a removal tool as I cant shift them without levering them up.
You do realise the magnets are on adjustable screws?

Thanks Peter
We will see what incra come back with.
I got the set of magnalock inserts with the lift then also bought a down draft set and the guide bushing insert, they all have play so I imagine it's the actual plate that is the issue.
Cheers James

can confirm my plate a week old is the same, not a huge issue for me as i don't plan on using a bushing on it. but i can see a problem if you did want to....

could it be the bushing plate has a better fit??

Otherwise a beautiful bit of kit!!

Adidat

Thanks for that,
Yes lovely kit but I may have been better with the Jessem version of it if you’re is the same. A shame as magnalock seems cool and especially with a down draft box.
Some guys on sawmill forum all confirm there’s has absolutely no play at all.
Cheers.

adidat":342b0b56 said:
can confirm my plate a week old is the same, not a huge issue for me as i don't plan on using a bushing on it. but i can see a problem if you did want to....

could it be the bushing plate has a better fit??

Otherwise a beautiful bit of kit!!

Adidat

No it’s exactly the same, it’s the second one I try in the video.

Just having a closer look at the insert with guide bush and that is of bad quality :(
It is nowhere near flat and the metal they welded on for the guide bushing to fix to is squint, so guide bushing will always point of at an angle...

quick video: https://youtu.be/ncyJ5G-7eN8

Tbh I think I should have got the jessem version of this :cry:

Blimey that is disappointing. The welding has caused the metal to distort, why cheap out such a simple part after going to such effort with the rest of the unit.

having locked at some uses for the bushing it is a bit disappointing that that option wont be available to me after spending so much on the unit!

Adidat

having just watched that short video, I'm confused. what is the welded bushing for?

looks like a simple quality control issue. I'm sure the supplier will exchange any faulty parts.

James

The quality of the guide bush is clearly very poor and not something I would knowingly be prepared to sell, or what I would expect from Incra. Is this something you have already mentioned to Jim?

We will obviously replace, refund or swap for the JessEm lift if you prefer, one way or another the issue will be resolved.

Sadly the team are not available over the weekend to liaise with Incra, but please do give us the opportunity to sort this out on Monday when we are back in the shop.

Cheers

Peter

Many thanks Peter
You guys have been nothing but helpful, It's in no way WWW fault in anyway, just an unfortunate slip on Incra's side, You can't be expected to know of these issues prior to dispatch, But you have gone over and above to help out.
No I never showed Jim the Guide bushing ring, It was just today I noticed the quality of it.
Part of my order was the incra lift, cleansweep magnalock inserts set and the cleansweep guide bushing insert.
To be honest I think I'd just like to have it replaced for Jessem stuff, I have my own CNC machine so actually quite like the idea of modding the jessem inserts into cleansweep style ones, also from what I can see they lock in place so absolutely no movement.
I was also going to order some jessem table saw stockguides from yourself on monday so we could maybe tie that in with the postage?

Thanks for all your help.

James

Latest posts

Back