New Inca Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy69

Established Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get hold of a Inca bandsaw it pretty nice condition. It has a fence, partial angle gauge and micro adjustment but is missing a dust collection port. I have a few spare blades from Hamilton Beaverton ltdthat say they are 1855mm . is that the correct size that I need when reordering?
I'd like to cut a riving knife from aluminium for my Inca universal and was thinking I could do it with this bandsaw if I got the right blades. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
20210605_125407.jpg

I recently acquired one my self lovely machine blade length in 1854 mm or 73" mines 31 years old and after a strip down ,clean and replacement of worn bearings runs like a Rolls Royce enjoy

My operating manual for my Inca states 1850mm which is what i have ordered in the past. Ian at Tuffsaws advised that he has always made them to 1854mm - I guess the difference will be accommodated in the tightening of the blade, so no doubt your 1855mm blades will be fine.

You can probably find a dust extraction outlet https://incamachines.com/english/inca-5-186-5701-dust-extraction-tube-342-186-euro-260-bandsaw.html this one looks slightly different to mine which is an older machine than yours - it looks the right colour for yours - the price is to be expected!

Regarding metal cutting, I would probably be thinking of using a jigsaw and/or angle grinder.

Cheers

Last edited:
My operating manual for my Inca states 1850mm which is what i have ordered in the past. Ian at Tuffsaws advised that he has always made them to 1854mm - I guess the difference will be accommodated in the tightening of the blade, so no doubt your 1855mm blades will be fine.

but looking at the maual posted by @rob1693, the length is variously atated as 1870-1880mm, 1850mm and 1872mm, so it seems there is some flexibility!

Cheers

If the blades you have got tension up on the saw then they are the correct size.
Personally I don't think that aluminium is the right material for a riving knife and would not cut metal of any type on a wood cutting bandsaw.

If the blades you have got tension up on the saw then they are the correct size.
Personally I don't think that aluminium is the right material for a riving knife and would not cut metal of any type on a wood cutting bandsaw.
Going through some older posts - I'd agree with you. I think I'm going to use 2mm steel and a jig saw/grinder combo to do it. Thanks.

Wood is cut at higher speed than metals. I think the Inca manual says you can cut aluminium with the right blade but I think it will be too fast for steel.

You can probably find a dust extraction outlet https://incamachines.com/english/inca-5-186-5701-dust-extraction-tube-342-186-euro-260-bandsaw.html this one looks slightly different to mine which is an older machine than yours - it looks the right colour for yours - the price is to be expected!

Regarding metal cutting, I would probably be thinking of using a jigsaw and/or angle grinder.

Cheers
If I ever win the lottery, I might buy one of those. In the meantime I'll make do with the modified vacuum cleaner crevice tool for under a fiver.

I checked my manual and it states 1850mm or 73” (Note that 73” is actually 1854mm so the handbook is inconsistent).
I also have a spare (unopened) blade and the packaging is labelled 73”.

can i suggest 3d printing i note that some designs exist and you could probably get someone to print this at 1/4 of the costs of the unit. I have a 3d printer and have done lots in abs and its very good. Firms offer it see attcahed link
"Ultimate" Inca Bandsaw Dust Collection i have no affiliation just pointing out that 3d printing is the rescue tool for many fgood but slightly broken tools....

can i suggest 3d printing i note that some designs exist and you could probably get someone to print this at 1/4 of the costs of the unit. I have a 3d printer and have done lots in abs and its very good. Firms offer it see attcahed link
"Ultimate" Inca Bandsaw Dust Collection i have no affiliation just pointing out that 3d printing is the rescue tool for many fgood but slightly broken tools....
I found this 3D printable dust port, which is free to download. It's not perfect but it significantly improves dust collection. Found it much better than without any dust port, especially inside the saw there is very little build-up of dust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back