New GW mag issue 153 - article by Ian

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
This dropped through the letterbox this a.m. - well I thought I had better subscribe, since they printed my article.

There is a very good article by our own esteemed Ian Dalziel on a 4 in 1 workstation - looks just the job for all those folk struggling to get budget tools to perform like a Wadkin., or pining for a Felder combination machine

I must say I think GW is getting more interesting while F&C appears to be going through a bit of a lean patch at present.

Chris,
Thanks for the thread.
I still havent seen the issue as yet,Scotland seems so far away from Bath for the postmen. For those interested i managed to get the perform range of power tools working like more expensive tools.
The challenge was to make a cheap tablesaw perform like an expensive one, the tabletop, fence and the stations weight made it work. When playing about with my settings i managed to get my accuracies within 0.5mm over 1200mm. i reckoned i could have bettered this if i had commisioned it longer. the whole station just grew from there.
Probobly been one of my biggest challenges.
Now have another challenge on the drawing board but still dont have the proper motivation to go out and get the covers off the machines wont be long though

regards
Ian

Chris

I have to completely agree with your asessment of F&C v GW. I have recently started to buy each issue of GW whereas in the past I would pass on 8 out of 12. Now I tend to leave quite a few F&C on the shelf at WS Smith and walk out with GW

Well done Pete and Andy

In addition to Ian's article I note that our forum had an half page article re my thread of the asbestos roofed garage.

I still haven't costed the project out yet but heavy rain this week meant that the corrugatioons couldn't cope and water got under the overlaps.
Just for a change my luck held and water dribbled direct to the garage floor. So the day of a new roof looms nearer.
Any helpers?
Two weeks free accomodation on the Torbay riveria.

Back