new friend from Italy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi friends,

may I introduce myself ? I am Alberto, from Trieste, Italy and I'm working in the insurance field (nothing to do with the wood).

I've been visiting your forum for some time now and I found it very interesting. We have a quite similar one here (if you chew some Italian... visit it here http://forum.il-legno.it/viewforum.php?f=1).

Although MOSTLY a handworker (I love planes, chisels, handsaws, ...), I'm using a power mitre saw, a small router and few other electrical toys.

To have an idea of my style, you may wish to have a look at some of my pieces http://it.photos.yahoo.com/mantrakalas
Cheers for now :D
Alberto

Welcome Alberto,
Fantastic work! And your Italian forum looks very active - wish I spoke some Italian! I did recognise a few words though (scary sharp, MDF :lol:)
All the best,
Gidon

Alberto,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you will stick around. Unfortunately my Italian is not a lot better than my Chinese which is to say, I can't read your forum. However the pictures of your stuff speak for themselves. There are some very nice and interesting pieces there. I like the chair cum steps very much.

Welcome, Alberto. :D Beautiful work, and the servitori are great fun. Unfortunately my Italian is strictly limited to reading opera librettos (useless English inability to learn other languages embarrasingly revealed on this forum it seems :oops: ), but that forum does look sort of familiar. :D

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alberto
Welcome to UKworkshop.
I have just been looking through your work and I must say I am very impressed both with the quality and with the variety. The stepladder/chair is fantastic and a very clever idea. If I could read your language even a quarter as well as you manage mine I would certainly take you up on your offer to visit your forum.
I hope you are here to stay.

Best wishes

John

Hi Alberto,

Your work is very nice indeed - the ladder/chair is ingenious. I like how you have shown the drawings in the gallery too :) - you have excellent draftsman's skills as well as your obvious talent for woodworking.

NeilCFD

Alf":35cltu0x said:
Il Legno site in translation

Nice one Alf, I particularly like the Google translation for the off-topic board:

Off Topic - Arguments of varied nature

Would be appropriate for this forum sometimes I think :wink:

And another appropriate quote (referring to Holteys):

According to me to buy Lie-Nielsen denotes a worrisome behavior, but to buy these is clearly symptom of one serious pathology.

NeilCFD

Hi Alberto,

Very nice work indeed, something for me to apsire to.
I especially love the Archivio, did you design this yourself? If so, where did you get the inspiration from ?

Cheers

Tony

johnjin":1akcv5es said:
The stepladder/chair is fantastic and a very clever idea.

er... :oops: I'm confused by your quick and warm welcome ! Thank you very very much. Actually, I grabbed the idea of this chair by a picture of an English furniture magazine ! After having shed sweat and tears on this project, I have more respect for the chairmakers !

Cheers
Alberto

Tony":5rstgjh0 said:
the Archivio, did you design this yourself? If so, where did you get the inspiration from ?

actually, it's my favourite too. The function created the shape (I had to file all the b*#!#?!!! bills and tax forms ... !)

Alberto

Wlcome Alberto.

Very.very nice work there! :wink: Good photography too.
It's the Archivio for me too, closely followed by the Credenzin. I like the simple lines on that one. Very cool 8)

Are your dovetails done by hand? They're a nice touch. Well done!!

Gary

Welcome Alberto :)

Some terrific stuff you have made.

I'm sure you are very proud

Gary H":3f8th7mv said:
closely followed by the Credenzin

Thanks a lot for your generous words. This is still work in progress. I count (hope) to end it by the end of June.

I'm still browsing through the pics and messages of this forum. Definitely a mine of inspiration for my next winter project !

Cheers
Alberto

I know I'm a bit late but Welcome to UKW Alberto :)

Your projects are fantastic, the sort that make me want to get into the workshop and start woodworking.

thank you Charley: coming from the webmaster has an added value !
Cheers for now
Alberto

Latest posts

Back