New Fox F36 530 Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Following all the trouble I’ve had with flooding in the workshop lately, It was nice to be able to do something other than clean up mud yesterday. Last week the new table saw arrived from Rutlands. I had to have it delivered to home as the workshop was underwater by then. However, the garage also flooded! Luckily, the top of the pallet stayed above water so the saw was safe.
The saw arrived on the aforementioned pallet, with another box strapped to the top, containing the rip fence. There was also another long wooden box with the rails for the sliding table delivered by a different courier. The saw arrived on a class 2 truck all on it’s own from Norfolk! Pretty amazing when you consider they only charged £20.00 for delivery.

I managed to get the pallet into my Kangoo Van yesterday with a bit of help. It was heavy though.
After unpacking everything, it was clear I had bough a large Mecano set. Everything apart from the Motor/Table was in separate pieces. I even had to assemble the Rip fence.

The instructions are absolutely rubbish. I was expecting this, having bought a few things for the workshop over the past year or so. But still, I find this annoying. You do need to be good with the spanners and sockets to get this saw assembled. Most of the fasteners are 13mm but you will need an open ender as well as some long extensions and a ratchet to unless you want to struggle.
The main part of the saw I decided to assemble upside down. The instruction gave no clue as to this. I stood it face down on a clean piece of ply to build it up.

After a good few hours got everything together.

Then the hard work started! Getting everything level and square was the worst job. I was determined to get it right though, having had to suffer with a mainly au-adjustable saw from B&Q up till now. I used a MAG base DTI to get the fence and sliding table running parallel to the blade and engineers level to set the saw table levels. Luckily everything is adjustable, the main table is adjustable from outside of the main cabinet.

I should have spotted the problem before, but at this point I noticed that the outfeed/assembly table is almost an 1” higher than the new saw. Not wanting to rebuild the outfeed table or lower it I decided to shim the table saw. I like high benches being fairly tall and I don’t like stooping down to work, it’s not good for the back.

I cut some shims and lifted each side in turn till it was level and flush with the top of the assembly table. Then I used some Hammer fixings from inside the saw to bolt it down, drilling through the shims as well.

I just had time to rip some 2” Oak and crosscut some MDF to test accuracy. Its superb! Very powerful
What a change to have a quiet motor and good DX. Hardly any sawdust on the table after cutting at all. Easily repeatable cuts, rock solid rip fence…… Happy Bunny. I even had great service from Rutlands!

Drool, Looks a wonderful toy. Does the riving knife rise and fall with the blade on this model? I would love one and they are on offer at the moment but just haven't got the spare pennies boo hoo :cry: Hope your going to give us all a reveiw once you have used it? Looks a great saw. Also do you think it is a little too heavy to lift through a house from front to back? This is the only access I have to my workshop...at the moment. heres hoping. :)

mailee":223yg8t5 said:
Drool, Looks a wonderful toy. Does the riving knife rise and fall with the blade on this model? I would love one and they are on offer at the moment but just haven't got the spare pennies boo hoo :cry: Hope your going to give us all a reveiw once you have used it? Looks a great saw. Also do you think it is a little too heavy to lift through a house from front to back? This is the only access I have to my workshop...at the moment. heres hoping. :)

The main part of the saw as delivered you could get through a standard doorway no problem. It's the weight that is the bigger problem. You will need 2 strong people to lift it. I will post again when I've had a proper play with it.

Tiler - I am running it off it's own socket which is 16A. Although it comes with a 13A plug fitted, so I tried it in a normal socket and it works fine. I put my clamp meter on it and it draws an indicated 7A on start-up.

Cheers
Lee.

I bought one of these a few months ago. Had problems with the sliding table bearings passing the top rail fixings. Did youhave similar problems? Still have not got it running as smoothly as I would wish need to play with it some more.

Hi Rod,
I have not had any problems with the saw at all. Do you mean the bearings were coming off the rails? I've only used it a little since it arrived on just one project. But everything has stayed very square and running smoothly. I might treat it to a High quality blade at some point, but there is not much wring with the one supplied as it goes.

Cheers
Lee.

Back