New forum format

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
We've only just got over the last major overhaul! :)

It seems we have lost "Thanks" and "Like", had our Ignore lists scrubbed, and gained some Scrabble letters down the left hand side of the screen. I'm sure the sky will fall in as a result.

Couldn't there have been some warning of the impending shutdown?

Ooh, looks like posting pics has been sorted according to the tips sticky :)

I'll answer more on the Tips thread. And reactions are Like and more. You will need to hold down on Like for a bit to see the reactions.

1597083926919.png

We've only just got over the last major overhaul! :)

It seems we have lost "Thanks" and "Like", had our Ignore lists scrubbed, and gained some Scrabble letters down the left hand side of the screen. I'm sure the sky will fall in as a result.

Couldn't there have been some warning of the impending shutdown?
The number of Thanks and Likes will be worked on to be returned so you won't start at one again.
The ignore list may need to be redone. Sorry but it change from one type of s/w to another. So it was not within the same software family change.

Warning, that would have been nice but I was not around to do that for you. I'm sorry.

.........Warning, that would have been nice but I was not around to do that for you. I'm sorry.

No, but Charley and probably the Mods knew this was happening. It wouldn't have been difficult to have posted a warning ahead of the shutdown, and if the members best interests were the priority then of course that is what would have happened.

The number of Thanks and Likes will be worked on to be returned so you won't start at one again.
The ignore list may need to be redone. Sorry but it change from one type of s/w to another. So it was not within the same software family change.

Warning, that would have been nice but I was not around to do that for you. I'm sorry.
The Ignore list is empty ..fair enough..new s/w but I see no way of adding people.

In the old s/w, if someone quoted in a reply the post of someone on the Ignore list then, unfortunately, one then saw what had been written by the person one was trying to Ignore! Does the new s/w improve on that....ie if you have someone on Ignore then you won't see their posts when quoted ?

The Ignore list is empty ..fair enough..new s/w but I see no way of adding people.

Hover the cursor over the person's avatar and an information window will appear. At the bottom are some options you can click, which includes "Ignore".

Easy way to avoid the "click bait" postings - just hold cursor over the main heading in the post and you can see what it's going to be about without having to open it. Nice improvement I think

I quite like the new look; though I've spotted an oddity on mobile:

Forums such as "Tools" have sub-forums (i.e. "Hand tools" and "Buying Advice"). When the main UKworkshop.co.uk page is shown on a mobile in portrait format you can't see the sub-forums, but when turned to landscape, they appear. Probably just due to available space, but it may be a bit confusing to users.

I'm sure it just needs time to bed-in. It's extraordinarily difficult to prototype this sort of thing off-line - you only really find out the issues once it's live. I agree about a bit of warning, however - would have done no harm to have let us know this was happening.

That said, my avatar has vanished...

.... Where's my avatar? (pouts and throws rattle)

E.

Ecc. 1. ("'Vanity of vanities! All is vanity," [says the preacher]."

Latest posts

Back