New forum format

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the What's New tab works for that.
Not for me it doesn't. :( ---- yes, it takes you to the latest unread post - and due to the update there are a lot!! so first time through it is somewhat confusing - but the latest posts are still on the [last] page (that could be 3, 10, 20 - whatever) but I used to have them always on page [1]

Try using the filter at the top of a forum.

1597159712451.png

I'm already a fan of the forum simply because it's so much easier to post good quality photos!

That image cut and paste, or easy uploading is one of the main features that I fell in love with on this software. So much easier.

"As to the mods giving a heads up as to what is coming, they could not do it as they did not know. As to Charley doing it, I have not met him and do not know the circumstances."

Really? Is this forum now controlled ftom Beijing?

WHERE has the quotation button gone?

Sam, now utterly disenfranchised from his gruntle.

............WHERE has the quotation button gone?

Bottom RH corner of a post........now called "Reply" with an arrow pointing left (next to the Like button).

Sam, now utterly disenfranchised from his gruntle.

Relax, Sam. It'll be fine in a day or two when everyone settles into the new routine and finds stuff. Think of it as a whole bunch of codgers who always meet in the same pub.......then the landlord went and changed the chairs and carpets. Same pub, same old codgers, same old conversation.....

But now from laptop is easy to add images. Have you tried it yet? Cut and paste, or use the Attach files button that will take you to your laptop's image storage area, choose one and upload.

Angie, is there a size limit for images? If there is, how does the forum software handle over-sized images? Does it reject them, or auto-resize them? Also, is there an image limit number per post?

At this time 10,240 KB for attachments. That's images or things like .pdf files.

If over file size it will not accept. At this time I do not have maximum width x height sizes set, but I can limit it if we need that feature here.

Number of images per post: 10

These are the attachments that we can accept now, but I can add more as needed.

zip
txt
pdf
png
jpg
jpeg
jpe
gif

Ten! Right, OK, I'd best go an have a look at some old threads with 30 or 40, and see what happened.

Thanks for the size information.

If they have that many, let me know and I can up the number to make it work for old forums. That 10 is a baseline number that works most of the time but does not fit all cases.

It seems that my legacy threads are still OK regarding images, even if there are more than 10 images in a post. I wonder if this is because I post a URL from an external image host, rather than directly inserting an image into my posts from my computer.

Good, the links there are no limit in a post. The actual uploads are 10.

And currently new posts have the ability for 10,000 characters. This can be adjusted if needed.

If they have that many, let me know and I can up the number to make it work for old forums. That 10 is a baseline number that works most of the time but does not fit all cases.

It would be very handy to have a higher number. We've talked about "WIPs" previously.......a thing here where we show blow-by-blow images through the construction process of a project........and they are a really important part of the forum. Personally I have posted WIP posts with getting on for 40 images in them, and it would be a real nuisance to have to spread those over multiple posts instead of all being in one.

Thank you for the reassuring reply Mike. My status as a "codger" duly accepted! ;)

Now Angie? We are all ears ( or eyes):
1. Who are you?
2. What woodworking do you do?
3. Why was a complete overhaul necessary?
4. Why does the invitation to part with cash come with limitations on here of you don't pay up?
5. Whaddya mean the mods knew nought?

Yours, codging away, Sam

1. I am Angie a grandma that likes forums and helping others.
2. I do not do woodworking, but I do crochet and sew and appreciate find wood working
3. Better software and the whole story is HERE
4. Some of those limitations such as editing time have been lifted.
5. I was not here to inform the mods, and the ones that could have did not.

I think this new forum version is no longer compatible with the Tapatalk app - is that correct?
That's a shame... but to be honest, more and more forums are no longer compatible

Back