New Forest cycle routes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Just back from a few days camping and cycling in the New Forest, had a great time :D

Had a problem finding my way around the network of cycle trails though and got lost a couple of times :roll:

The actual trails had lots of signposts, numbered with generally two different reference numbers, although sometimes only one, which I thought would make it easy to navigate around. The only thing was the numbering didn't correspond to that on my OS Explorer map, although being from 2004 I think it may have been out of date. They didn't correspond either to the leaflet/map given out by the Forestry Commission at the camp site and available online, and the camp warden mentioned that to me when I got it from her !

Does anybody know of a map or guide that uses the actual post numbering system, I guess there must be one or more somewhere ?

Do I just need to get an updated OS Explorer map perhaps ?

The posts also had the black and white squiggly square things on them that you can use with an iphone, but do I need to download an app to use those ?

Any ideas/suggestions welcome ?!!!

Cheers, Paul

paulm":2qsw0uaj said:
The posts also had the black and white squiggly square things on them that you can use with an iphone, but do I need to download an app to use those ?

I think you just need to have the scanner app installed on your iphone. You then use the camera on the phone to scan the image. This will then be a web link to a web site

flanajb":2n2vw4c4 said:
paulm":2n2vw4c4 said:

I think you just need to have the scanner app installed on your iphone. You then use the camera on the phone to scan the image. This will then be a web link to a web site

Thanks for that, downloaded the RedLaser app to try next time I see one of the QR code things on something interesting !

Cheers, Paul

Back