New Festool TS55R Issues !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imperial

Established Member
Reaction score
Just letting you be aware before you part with any of the hard earned pennies about the problems I've had with buying a Festool TS55R the new one !

Got it home and noticed that the scale was not lining up with the zero point even though the saw cut perfect 90 degrees.

So how do you set the saw to 22.5 or 5 or what ever point in between using the scale, the 45 setting using the same camera angle shows it at the very top of the line.

This was the original saw

2m2ibe1.jpg

I spoke with festool who agreed to take it back and send a new one, well pleased or so I thought.

When the new "checked before sending" saw arrived it was worse that the 1st, it does not even move the scale when the minus one degree lever is pulled.

2h73n2a.jpg

Another email or 2 go back an forth before they say that its the angle which the photograph was taken at and there is nothing they can do to resolve it.

I took another for them

2ij9c4.jpg

The only way to get the mark to line up is to look at it from the level of the sole plate! surely not correct !

So after shelling out much more than £600 for it and extras I have to return it for a refund leaving me in the lurch with a kitchen fit on the go

Festool, not what they are cut out to be,
"work with precision, even in places where precision is lacking" it says on the video of the site!

They are having a laugh!

So be sure you will be happy about buying a saw which when set to cut 5 degrees needs to be set to 4...

I have depth problems with the Makita SP6000:

The depth settings are based on the sole plate of the saw, NOT including the track! I can't establish what the depth scale means, as
cut-->measure-->adjust-->cut-->measure
doesn't give the results you might expect.

So far, I haven't needed an accurate mitre cut from it, but I will in the next few days, I think.

I'd expect the depth scale to be approximate, as the blade isn't necessarily going to always be exactly the same diameter, but why can't both scales be adjustable? It wouldn't be hard.

I have this saw and it is amazing, it has truly transformed my work. I have a real attention to detail so I would never rely on a gauge anyway, especially one that is simply printed onto the casing.

I use it quite a bit for bevels and simply use a known accurate device to measure the angle. What is important is that it clicks into it's natural 90 degree position without fuss which it does do.

My desire for very accurate angles means this is not an issue for me as it is unrealistic for a printed guide to ever give me the accuracy I need.

You should post this over on FestoolOwnersGroup.com be interested to see what they say.

I also got a TS55R and all the trimmings, and its been fantastic so far. I believe you can adjust the scale, have a look for the extended user manual. I may be wrong I only skim read it.

Back