New Fence Posts?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you cannot win over nature, what you need is some of the panels to be only clipped in, now instead of the whole fence going you may lose one or two panels because they get blown out and the force on the rest of the fence is released.
Very difficult to engineer that on a close boarded fence with arris rails.

Recently installed (using the durapost products) over 30m of closeboard panels to replace an absolutely wrecked one made from spurs, wooden posts and featheredge.

IMO it's absolutely brilliant and I can't recommend it enough to anyone who's in the position to completely replace an old fence.

I went with 3m posts to allow for 1ft of composite gravelboard, 6ft CB panel and 1ft of trellis.

Seen a few storms since September and no issues.

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen the concrete spurs/Godfathers before, they look like an option.

It's good to hear positive feedback on the Durapost products, still might go down that route 🤔

Appreciate all the replies, thank you.

Recently had to replace a run of fencing. Standard 1.8m panels. I've done enough digging in the garden that I'm getting someone in to do it. Both fencers suggested using post savers (Guaranteed Long Life Fence Post Protection Since 1994 | Postsaver) on standard posts (can't remember whether they are 100mm or 75mm off hand). The fencer I have chosen is a 'brand ambassador'. Basically it means if the posts don't last the guarantee then he will come and replace them. Obviously he quite possible wont be around in 20years, but for the £2 or so they cost it was a risk I considered worthwhile.

You can still get the old stuff it's just harder in some areas than others
agree. Its been banned by EU for a few years from domestic sales. I bought some creocote by mistake last year:mad:, didnt spot the slight spelling change, luckly our farmer merchant still sells 25 gallon drums of the proper stuff.

agree. Its been banned by EU for a few years from domestic sales. I bought some creocote by mistake last year:mad:, didnt spot the slight spelling change, luckly our farmer merchant still sells 25 gallon drums of the proper stuff.
Theres an ag merchant at the local market and he asks if you're trade apparently if you're to stupid to not say yes he assumes your too stupid to use it responsibly so doesn't let you have it lol

Latest posts

Back