New England Style saltbox roof shed (Lots of WIP Piccies)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mahking51":22xr62sm said:
Any chance of a couple of pics showing the inside and outside of the stable doors in more detail please?
Cheers,
Martin

Your wish etc! :)

DSC03325.JPG

Yes - I know the cross bracing is going in the wrong direction on the bottom door, but I didn't realise until it was too late, and having secretly nailed the t&g to the frame and cross brace I didn't feel inclined to muck it up further. I don't think it's going to move, and if it does, I'll add a cross brace in the other direction and half lap it with the existing one in the centre.
DSC03329.JPG

DSC03327.JPG

Roger

Looks excellent. Mind you, you've caused me some trouble as my wife was walking past as I looked at the thread...another one on the list.

Cheers, Ed

If Carlsberg made SHEDS!................. it would be a New England Style saltbox roof shed just like this one. :lol:

Hi roger. I know its an old thread but have you any pics of the window installation detail?

Great shed BTW :)

Thanx. I can take some piccies tomorrow. Any particular detail you need?

HI Roger, I am just curious as to how the windows were fitted to achieve water tightness where they butt up against the cladding. I am planning on building a a greenhouse/shed (not going to be as pro as yours :oops: ) and am trying to gather as much insight as possible. My construction will differ as the shiplap will by fixed directly to the studs as I am not sheathing it with board first.

I treated it in exactly the same way as the door. In my case, the window was screwed to the frame with the front flush with the cladding. I then attached a piece of DPC down each side, which overlaps the window frame, and another piece over the window which overlaps the DPC down the sides. This was tacked in place with a staple gun and then sealed down the side next to the window with some sealant. No need to bother with sealant above the window. The timber that frames the window externally is narrower than the DPC (150mm from memory over a 200mmDPC) and then the shiplap just butts up to it.

DSC03044%20shed%20%288%29.JPG

In your case, as there is no OSB sheathing, the window frame would be flush with the internal frame and you might want to take the shiplap right up to the edge of the DPC where it overlaps the window, and then attach the external frame over the top of the shiplap. You could always run a narrow batten/bead around end of the shiplap to cover the end grain. HTH

HI Roger. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Very helpful, it makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back