New EMIR wooden plane body and other things

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that kind would be OK - an earlier mathieson, i.sorby or ward would have a better chance of being a good iron and the cap iron will be functionally better in most cases.

But isn't the body one made to fit a 2 1/2" blade?
Yes I was being tight!!!!

Will get the proper one!

Cheers James

I have a 2 1/2 " blade and chipbreaker that I recovered from a rubbish wooden plane. It is Marples, and the tapered blade and chipbreaker weighs half a kg. You're welcome to that for the cost of postage. Let me know if you'd like it.

Craig

Last edited:
Afternoon Gents

So this is a little weird, I was looking for a forum to sign up to to sell on, found this one and searched for Emir.....

Basically I'm mjsmith_jsmith on ebay.
JobandKnock, good to hear you like the plane!!

So I thought I'd give a bit of background.

Short story long. I was indeed searching an online auction "bidspotter" and came across the closing down auction of Emir tools, 90% of the gear on there was way out of my wage bracket, ( CNC machine going for £20,000) then came to two lots of "contents of racking" that no one had bid on.

Being bored on a nightshift I placed the minimum bid on both............and won.

3 journeys from Essex to Ashford later ( 2 in wife's seven seater, 1 in a long wheel base transit) and I'm now the proud owner of a shed full of ex Emir stock.

to give you some idea .... this was my decking after three days of transferring it all back home (in the process of being replaced)

1633533739614.png

1633533824940.png

No i need my shed back so.....
I should be uploading more to Ebay page in coming weekend.

Edwardo

Afternoon Gents

So this is a little weird, I was looking for a forum to sign up to to sell on, found this one and searched for Emir.....

Basically I'm mjsmith_jsmith on ebay.
JobandKnock, good to hear you like the plane!!

So I thought I'd give a bit of background.

Short story long. I was indeed searching an online auction "bidspotter" and came across the closing down auction of Emir tools, 90% of the gear on there was way out of my wage bracket, ( CNC machine going for £20,000) then came to two lots of "contents of racking" that no one had bid on.

Being bored on a nightshift I placed the minimum bid on both............and won.

3 journeys from Essex to Ashford later ( 2 in wife's seven seater, 1 in a long wheel base transit) and I'm now the proud owner of a shed full of ex Emir stock.

to give you some idea .... this was my decking after three days of transferring it all back home (in the process of being replaced)

View attachment 119278
View attachment 119281

No i need my shed back so.....
I should be uploading more to Ebay page in coming weekend.

Edwardo
Link to eBay page??

Cheers James

Here is one of the Emirs I made a couple of months ago. I found a Sorby iron to fit. It is not a go to plane, but was an interesting exercise. The sellers ebay ad is not showing at the moment.
IMG_8315.JPG
IMG_8316.JPG

Back