NEW - Dewalt D27400 Heavy Duty Site Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil is trying to earn extra cash by drumming up business for toolshopdirect. :twisted:

If enough people buy something, he'll get 25% of his supersaw :shock:

Adam :x :p 8)

johnelliott":l9jh1wvb said:
And the significance is? John

I thought people might be interested in the new saw and planer thicknesser.

I always make the description clear so you don't need to go into the thread if you aren't interested.

Cheers

Neil

Newbie_Neil":arwn7w9v said:
johnelliott":arwn7w9v said:
And the significance is? John

I thought people might be interested in the new saw and planer thicknesser.

I always make the description clear so you don't need to go into the thread if you aren't interested.

Cheers

Neil

I think it was fair that I should think that there might be some particular reason for posting the link, otherwise the forum could be quickly filled with links to products that people might be interested in.

I'd advise any enthusiast woodworker to avoid contractors' saws with steel galvanised tables if they are the type where the motor is suspended from the table, because usually the table is bowed by the weight.

John

John

All I was doing was letting people know that there was a new saw and a new planer/thicknesser available from DW. They are not postings to tell people about any products, just new ones. They are the sort of items that people are generally interested in, as indeed I am myself.

I have posted three such items this year, the other one being about the Makita 2012NB which I subsequently purchased.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Cheers
Neil

Neil,

I'm sure many of us - if not most of us - find new products *very* interesting.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble.

JohnElliot,

What's your problem? As has been mentioned it's quite common to find new or interesting products highlighted in the forum. The title gave a few clues as to the content. If you've little interest in the content, just move on, no big deal and not too hard to do.
I'm not defending Neil (his post needs no defense), just bringing to your attention that posts you find meaningless are of benefit to others.

Happy woodworking

Rgds

Noel

Neil
Thank you for the information. As far as I am concerned that is what the forums are for. You found some information that you thought could be of use to some of us and posted it here. If it is of no interest to certain people they do not need to comment on it. As for me I will read all the information that is posted here as I am sure most of do. If it interests me I will follow it up and if not I will ignore it but I will will not ridicule or complain about it. So take no notice and carry on with your contributions.
All the best

John

Neil,

Thanks for your postings re: new products available. They give me the opportunity to look at them if I am interested and not already aware. The reason you posted the links was pretty obvious to me.

If I am not interested I will just disregard rather than enter into the whys and wherefores, make snidey remarks, and then say I'm not interested anyway. :?

Yep, keep them coming!

Trev.

Blimey!

Neil - my crack about the punchline was just that - a bit of levity. I thought that was what John was up to, trusting soul that I am.
I too appreciate your taking the trouble to let the rest of us know, and I too say keep 'em coming.

John - relax a little, will you? :wink:

Steve

Noely":z0tfape6 said:
JohnElliot,

What's your problem?

Haven't got one, thanks, Noely. As I said before I was entitiled to ask the significance of the original post, it turned out that there wasn't one. What really irritated me was when Newbie Neil said 'I hope that clarifies things for you'

I still think that, with the number of new products that come onto the market every week, that there is no point in posting links to shops that sell them unless there is some particular reason to do so.

John

Back