New clock..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firstly A&D welcome to the forum and the slippery slope of turning. It's good to get a course under your belt. Apart from anything else it will give you a good insite into what lathe you want to get?

Thank you for your comments on my watch. The lugs were cut on the band saw as I said above. The trickiest bits were the drilling of the holes in the lugs and the ends of the strap ends, especially the buckle end as the hole had to go right through. The only manual sanding was the space between the lugs and that was pretty easy anyway..

What an absolutely brilliant looking piece of work.
Plenty of time & patience has gone into that one John.
Proves that turners have a whole catalogue of skills. :)

Might 'borrow' your idea and try one myself some day.

Guys, I can't take any credit for this design. It was first posted at the beginning a last December on the Genral Woodworking forum. I saw it and the rest is history as they say.. wall-hung-watch-t56453.html

I decided to make it from te pikky because I like a challenge. The plans are there, but I have no idea as to what they are. The clock inserts are from trusty Axminster and lok good to me. The wood is either off of my fire wood pile or scrap bin/pile. I don't throw anything away unless I really have to!

So Gerry, you don't have to 'borrow' it from me mate. It ain't mine to start with, I borrowed it :mrgreen:

Back