New Car?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but the Diva is now for sale at £1.05million.....

hmmmm... if they'd kept it under a mill' I might have considered it.

Guess I'll stick with my £1.05p Mondeo. :|

Roy

Looks like a potential "Rooney mobile" to me :roll: Horrible

Could just about bail out Greece perhaps ?

Heinous.
That said, I think the unmolested version is pretty ugly too - it'd probably look better without the silver highlight but I don't care what anyone says, that's not a very good looking car.

Sell it or drive it?
Maybe take donations from RR owners and lovers (and maybe RR themselves) until I had £1.5million (or maybe more) and then... burn it.
I'd probably strip the gold off it first (I'm not stupid) but I have a feeling a lot of people would be happy to contribute to a fund to have that thing ritually destroyed.

Jonzjob":3sj757ii said:
Suit me then, but there's no way that I'm going to flog my 2CV just to buy something like that. Too difficult to park and a nightmare to drive through our little village streets!
...and having been unfortunate enough to own a 2CV some years ago, I reckon the hideous RR is preferable...by a thin margin. But not to knock all French motors, coming back from the town this morning, one of these:

citroen-traction-11b-n.jpg

was parked in the railway station, one of my all time favourite vintage motors. I can never see one without wanting to strike a match (Maigret) and I always expect to see a couple of resistance guys firing a machine gun out the rear window as it screams past a cafe...and I hope it's on this Christmas! - Rob :ho2

Vulgar it may be, but someone with more money than taste will buy it, after all, Aristotle Onassis had the bar stools on his yatch upholstered in leather made from the testicles of a Whale!
You can just image the sort of bar room conversation that engendered.

Roy.

We will agree/disagree JW. Agree that the Traction Avant is one of the best cars ever built and I would love one! But disagree about the 2CV. The Tin Snail has to be one of the most incredible cars ever built. I had a Dyane for 2 years and the only reason I got rid was that, as an IBM service eng, I was doing over 20,000 miles a year and it just was not practical any more. Fantastic machines, comfortable and in tight right hand bends the passenger can see loads of detail of the curb just by glancing over their shoulder :mrgreen:

I agree that it's a car that has the Marmite touch, love or hate, and I am lucky enough to love both!!

But as far as the RR is concerned, with or without the gold paint, would not be on my list if were given to me. To sell straight on yes, but not to think of owning. For me, it is pig ugly.

Travis":1utdr3u6 said:
If you had this, would you sell it or drive it??

Drive it :?: No way :lol: I hate it when some one decides to modify what is for most of us a true classic. Gaudy, brazen, tasteless, I could go on, but that's the world we live in now :(

BTW I haven't seen you on here for a while, how are things on your side of the pond :?:

Back