new bits a newbie at scrolling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted , as another newbie I think that they are great pieces and will be very pleased if I can turn something similar out today ,I hope you don't mind me hijacking your ideas .

Eugene, I am sure you can do the same or better, the pattern for the bigger Reindeers were by Steve Good and they are quite easy to do, all the patterns were free ones from the net. so those things can all be copied.
thanks for your comments..

regards Ted....

hi bassethound
may i see if i can help you, please look at my picture of the same reindeer, notice how the underside towards the back leg comes to a point, to achieve this first cut one way up to the end of the end as it dissapears into the underside, then back out the blade and cut towards the opposite line and cut towards the same end position, so you are cutting out a Vee realy, turn the blade and continue around the belly down to the foot, its almost like changing lanes in a car if you like, you still get to where you want to go, just a different route..

hope you find this useful and not a knock at your work, keep it up..

reindeer1-01.jpg

Attachments

• reindeer1-01.jpg
    reindeer1-01.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 783
Steve, Thanks for that , glad you posted that as i did ask for comments and advice and i will try what you said next time, i will keep practicing, early days for me..

regards Ted....

Back