New battery needed for strimmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a friend of my missus has a strimmer that she thought had come to the end of its life as it was 'playing up'. I had a look and said 'no it just needs a new battery as they only last for X number of years before giving up'

So i've had a search on tinternet and come up with not a lot :cry:

Anyone out there any better at searching than me and prepared to waste an hour or so having a look.?

I've also had a look at buying replacement 'cells' (15 in all) and rebuilding the thing, but best price i could find was £24+£3 p+p

So i'm just wondering is it really worth it, or just go and buy a new strimmer which will come with a new lithium battery and a warranty.

your thoughts please....

As always thanks in advance

Nick

Attachments

• image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 343
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 343
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 343
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 343
  • image10.jpeg
    image10.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 343
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 343
  • image9.jpeg
    image9.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 343
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 343
oh should have made it clear....

needs to be cordless as its mainly used on the flower beds/gardens that she and my missus (and a bunch of mature ladies) take care of in our village. They're what could be described as gorilla gardeners

NikNak":2qo35inw said:
They're what could be described as gorilla gardeners

that is probably much less complimentary than you intended!

guerrilla gardeners on the other hand...

Yes #-o =D> wayyyy to early in the morning :lol: :lol: :lol:

ooooh..... hang on a minute :-k i've seen them :mrgreen:

£27 to rebuild the battery is a very good price, I would be inclined to do that and try and get another battery while you are at it. If the head is good, OK but if its wearing dump it

Dont waste your money and just get a new strimmer,I bought these and brilliant value

Einhell Power X-Change 18V Li-Ion Battery & Charger 3.0Ah toolstation

Ozito PXCLTK-218U 18V Cordless Grass Trimmer Bare unit, BODY ONLY ebay

Rorschach":1f61zn6d said:
Looks like a makita battery. If so get a lithium battery and adapter.

Good shout that man...!!

After searching around for replacement 'cells' i thought "well blow me... yes it does look just like my Makita batteries..." so went down my shed and plugged one in.... and BINGO :mrgreen:

OK admittedly i've got 14v batts but the principle showed that it would work and (fingers crossed) fit . So went on to good 'ol Amazon and found a PA18 3000mAh for £17.99 delivered... from Germany :shock: ordered it Weds afternoon and its just arrived at 9.28 this morning =D>

Yes... the oringinal battery housing needed a teeny bit of trimming as the battery clamp was slightly misaligned, plus it'll need a velcro strap just in case it decides to fall out.... but... rather than throw the whole strimmer away, its had new life breathed into it (hammer)

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 176
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 176
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 176
Good for you.
I'll always try to fix stuff before going down the bin-it-and-buy-a-new-one route.
Not just tight - trying to be slightly green as well.

Back