Quantcast

New Banner - What do you think?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

What do you think of the new banner ad system on the forums?

• Grrr I hate banner ads, please take it off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like it - its in the way

• I don't mind it, its not going to stop me from visiting the forums

• I think its good

• Total voters

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
You may have noticed the new banner at the top of the forums. This is an idea I had to let people know of the latest pages on UKW.

I may even add banners to other woodworking related sites (useful sites/shops) later on.

I (like most people) hate it when I go to other people’s sites and they have banner ads everywhere but I think just one on the forums doesn't look too bad but I want to know what you think? I don't want to drive you away from the site..

So please vote in the poll and let me know.

A

Anonymous

'Fraid I had to vote for the "Grrr..." option. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't catch my eye so much? Don't tell me; that's the point of an ad... :roll:

Cheers, Jester

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
which package did you create the banner with? (i like) :)

A

Anonymous

Not to big to get in the way yet big enough to notice just right i think. :D
Mick B

A

Anonymous

Sawdust Producer":756ah15z said:
To be honest, I didnt notice them untill i read this tread
Ditto. I automatically overlook all banners because they are used so extensively by advertisers.

Gill

A

Anonymous

Well I dunno, Charley. How does it feel to know most of your efforts go completely unnoticed by the membership...? :lol:

Seriously though, if it's a way for you to help finance the site then go ahead. Although on this evidence, many an advertiser would be wasting their money. :oops: I sharn't be driven away any time soon. After all, someone has to come and #cough# over here once in a while, right? :D

Cheers, Jester

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
How does it feel to know most of your efforts go completely unnoticed by the membership...?
Tell me about it :roll: To be honest I'm the same when surfing the net, I just ignore them.

To help finance the site is the main reason I'm trying it out. The big plan is once UKW gets an average of 10,000 unique hits a month I'm going to try and get ww companies to advertise. Whether they will or not I'm not sure. Last month UKW got 7834 unique visitors and 18805 hits, which as you can imagine I’m really happy about, but there is still a long time till I'll start contacting ‘advertisers to be’.

The reason I've changed the forum now is I wanted to see how it would look and what everyone thought about banners being put on the forums.

The Xpress Construction banner is up there at the mo as we are going to be trading links to help bring new visitors to our sites :)

Its early days right now, I may end up scrapping the whole idea..

Please carry on voting :)

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I had been searching for a review of the Scheppach HMS260 planer/thicknesser without success.

Then, as a newcomer to this site, Lo and Behold........!!

Thanks, Charley.