New bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the direction of the ‘grain’ is the same as in the photo provided by RobinBHM then rough is good, the surface area the stuff is in contact with is minimised which reduces friction and makes it easier to push the stuff through the blade. Wax will sit in the grooves and be pulled up as stuff is worked and again reduce friction.

Thanks that makes sense to me now.

I could not honestly see how a company would send a machine like that out with a defect. Machine is good.
Will let you know how we get on once it is powered up and working

If the direction of the ‘grain’ is the same as in the photo provided by RobinBHM then rough is good, the surface area the stuff is in contact with is minimised which reduces friction and makes it easier to push the stuff through the blade. Wax will sit in the grooves and be pulled up as stuff is worked and again reduce friction.

Thanks that makes sense to me now

I will let you all know how it goes once it is powered up

Rough as a bears xxxx

But if that's a brochure shot are they all going to be like that?

Your going to have to clean up or change make of bandsaw?

Rough as a bears xxxx

But if that's a brochure shot are they all going to be like that?

Your going to have to clean up or change make of bandsaw?

Don’t agree James. It seems like a deliberate design, with the rationale as per Deema’s comments above.

I bought a brand new band saw once and the table had a definite "warp" to it. I contacted Delta and they sent me a new table. I used that old table for doing flat sanding tasks as it was not all that bad.

Back