New Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom. Many thanks for info. I'll copy a photo of the Centauro. Can't show the N'Ra however. Don't know what models or height of cut however.

Wow. If it’s in good working order, for 600 Euros that’s a steal! I’d snap it up.

saftey not so important here it seems....!!!!!!!!!
first photo, mainland and €600....second local and €1600.....
I want one that sorta size but needs to be manufactured before 1930's....
yeah just a bit mad.....lol....
249820856_4185489384895175_7845042082707871501_n.jpg

244331322_6539845126033388_8021322108754730355_n.jpg

Domingos, that's too big and a bit pricey for what I'm after. Will only use it for cutting up blanks for turning. Will use a chainsaw to cut the trunks and then the band saw for getting them round. Really only need a cutting height of 200mm more or less. Hopefully can have a look at the Centauro and take it from there. I know that the N'Ra has wheels of 400mm but don't know what the cutting height is. Have asked but got no reply.

Found a piccy of an N'RA 400, nice proportions tablewise for the space conscious.
Cannot see a plug, nor the back to see whether a capacitor is on the motor or not, but 1.1kw is likely single phase.

N'RA 400.jpg

I get the feeling that my suggestion of the above Italian machine is possibly still deemed a bit too bit?
Here's a wee Meber 400 which is the same sized machine,

Might look smaller with someone standing beside it.

Still a bit dinky, but about the smallest you could go should you want to use the fence.

I still think a 500mm/20" Far Eastern machine would be less faff for the few extra inches of footprint.

I've not seen a Centauro "compact" 500 if one exists, the 600 suggests it might be dandy if one does, as there is a big difference between a premium Italian and a cheaper machine.
I was quite set back by thinking the Italian 600 would only be slightly bigger than the far eastern 502 I had previous.

Apart from that, say a used Centauro S45, 440mm SNAC, or equivalent Italian machine which you might find cheap if you can wait looks to be around the same size.

Good luck!
Tom

I get the feeling that my suggestion of the above Italian machine is possibly still deemed a bit too bit?
Here's a wee Meber 400 which is the same sized machine,

Might look smaller with someone standing beside it.

Still a bit dinky, but about the smallest you could go should you want to use the fence.

I still think a 500mm/20" Far Eastern machine would be less faff for the few extra inches of footprint.

I've not seen a Centauro "compact" 500 if one exists, the 600 suggests it might be dandy if one does, as there is a big difference between a premium Italian and a cheaper machine.
I was quite set back by thinking the Italian 600 would only be slightly bigger than the far eastern 502 I had previous.

Apart from that, say a used Centauro S45, 440mm SNAC, or equivalent Italian machine which you might find cheap if you can wait looks to be around the same size.

Good luck!
Tom

Cheers Tom, much appreciated. Still yet to view the Centauro but hopefully this week I'll find the time. Shan

Cheers Tom, much appreciated. Still yet to view the Centauro but hopefully this week I'll find the time. Shan
Best of luck Shan, fingers crossed it's not had too much abuse.
Good sign that it has a fence, as many saws this size are without.
Likely the case of tires need dressing or replacement at some stage, but someone made do freehanding cuts or using for firewood like mine, and when the saw gets left in storage eventually, and the fence gets put somewhere else.
That one looks clean to me, although the "rubber" is likely quite old.

I
48696_019.jpg

48696_021.jpg

Looks newer than this though, guessing this is the first of the Centauro welded sheet metal saws.
pila-tasmowa-centauro-co-600-do-drewna-leszno-537517915.jpg

They've been making these CO's for a long time, design looks mostly unchanged to me,
although I haven't studied this uber closely, maybe just some bells and whistles?
Would need clarification, but I think there was an all green one before the white paint.
I've seen it on Startrite's but that could be just for them?
f1d9448c4fcea1b5166dcbb20dc8.jpeg

I believe you can't get one anymore in the USA, sold as the Minimax mm24 over there, and some rebadged, namely Startrite in UK stuck their badge on it.
Erik Loza used to be a dealer for them there, and has much info on these.

I've seen a Powermatic which looks like it was made by them.
As with many of the machines made in Italy, they often share parts as the companies are in close proximity to each other, and often share components.

I was studying these when upgrading my tension screw on my ACM.
Hopefully you can put up a nice tool gloat sometime
All the best

Good luck!

Tom

Last edited:
Hi. It looks like 0.8kw. See photo.
I have very limited room and need to rotate it when doing very long pieces. See photos. Quite easy with the wheels and retractable handle.
I’ve set it up using the Snodgrass video on YouTube. Also bought a small collection of blades. But usually use 3/8” 3 TPI.

Cutting a slice of Mahogany :

Finally managed to track down a company here in Tugaland(Portugal) that would sell me the Scheppach basa 3.0 vario 800w and they asked something like 1000€. In England they're being sold by close to 600 the hell is wrong with this country?

Best of luck Shan, fingers crossed it's not had too much abuse.
Good sign that it has a fence, as many saws this size are without.
Likely the case of tires need dressing or replacement at some stage, but someone made do freehanding cuts or using for firewood like mine, and when the saw gets left in storage eventually, and the fence gets put somewhere else.
That one looks clean to me, although the "rubber" is likely quite old.

IView attachment 127892
View attachment 127893
Looks newer than this though, guessing this is the first of the Centauro welded sheet metal saws.
View attachment 127894
They've been making these CO's for a long time, design looks mostly unchanged to me,
although I haven't studied this uber closely, maybe just some bells and whistles?
Would need clarification, but I think there was an all green one before the white paint.
I've seen it on Startrite's but that could be just for them?
View attachment 127895
I believe you can't get one anymore in the USA, sold as the Minimax mm24 over there, and some rebadged, namely Startrite in UK stuck their badge on it.
Erik Loza used to be a dealer for them there, and has much info on these.

I've seen a Powermatic which looks like it was made by them.
As with many of the machines made in Italy, they often share parts as the companies are in close proximity to each other, and often share components.

I was studying these when upgrading my tension screw on my ACM.
Hopefully you can put up a nice tool gloat sometime
All the best

Good luck!

Tom
Tom, finally got round to see the Centauro saw today and the bloody thing doesn't exist! Bit of an anti climax but not the 1st time here I've experienced this kind of thing. So 2 were advertised on their website and either been sold or somewhere else. He wasn't very complimentary about the Centauro and showed me 2 other bandsaws that were huge. So back to the drawing board and probably try and view the N'Ra 400 but bit of a hike so maybe something might appear closer. Remember going to visit a shop here and phoned 1st, no answer so tracked down the address and the shop had moved on years ago but great website! Hope Domingos has more luck. Cheers

Tom, finally got round to see the Centauro saw today and the bloody thing doesn't exist! Bit of an anti climax but not the 1st time here I've experienced this kind of thing. So 2 were advertised on their website and either been sold or somewhere else. He wasn't very complimentary about the Centauro and showed me 2 other bandsaws that were huge. So back to the drawing board and probably try and view the N'Ra 400 but bit of a hike so maybe something might appear closer. Remember going to visit a shop here and phoned 1st, no answer so tracked down the address and the shop had moved on years ago but great website! Hope Domingos has more luck. Cheers
A CO600 or another near equivalent Italian machine will likely come along.
Even though they are very common, I'd say the chances of finding one compared to something with vulcanized tires a bit more of a wait.
A different beast to that wee Aggi saw, which if looking at the specs isn't half the weight.
Hard to find something for cheap that's inbetween.

Have you looked at machineseeker or similar?
Never used them, so cannot vouch, as just came across it a few times.

Next week I am going to Paços de Ferreira to see what I can find...

Domingos.....
it's the same here in Crete..
there are more stores at the other end of the island (2.5hr drive) and wont go there..
Locally, Chania, proper make stuff can be 3 times the price of UK and Germany...
it's either pay up or buy Chinese...
I just ship/buy from Germany...
if u think thats bad u wanna see the used prices of tools....

omingos.....
it's the same here in Crete..
there are more stores at the other end of the island (2.5hr drive) and wont go there..
Locally, Chania, proper make stuff can be 3 times the price of UK and Germany...
it's either pay up or buy Chinese...
I just ship/buy from Germany...
if u think thats bad u wanna see the used prices of tools....
I can't even get Germans to ship here and there are no tools in the used market that aren't industrial. That's the issue. Not a lot of Portuguese have hobbies.

That aggi should be about 148kg, so not really much different compared to a 90 something kg machine on a stand, If it actually exists?
There must be more websites, have you looked up all the 400, and 440's, and the same 450 as Deema and Spectric has restored in the last few weeks.
Probably is around 10 machines of that size, which are all basically the same spec Italian job.

Hope you guys find something
Good luck again

Edit: had a quick look and found this company, might be worth emailing them
https://www.falmac.it/en/prodotti.asp?idsc=33
Tom

Last edited:
I think this brand has something to do with another one called femi. Is it it good or should I steer away from it?

Back