New bandsaw questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyB

Established Member
Reaction score
Truck arrived delivering a Scheppach Basato 4 today ... it's been 3 months since I ordered it ... apparently manufacturing problems ... at last though!

Hmmm ...

No mains lead!

Phonecall to NMA - it'll be in the post ...
(very frustrated!)

Follow the very meagre instructions to assemble the thing ...

Screws and flat washers used to assemble the base. All seems to go together OK. But I'm left with 4 x 15 mm screws and 10 mm nuts, 12 spring washers, eight flat washers and four 2x2 cm 90 degree brackets.

Don't know where I should use these. I wonder if the brackets are to make "feet" as there is a spare hole at each corner? No mention of this in pictures or instructions. Should I have used spring washers as well as flat ones in assembling the base? There aren't enough to use them on every bolt ... which ones would be most important?

Has anyone got one of these, or got any good ideas?

Good idea Mike - I had thought of that, but just wanted to get a post up quickly.

Here are some ...

The cabinet/base used a whole lot of screws and I used smooth washers between metal and nut on them all ...
4308807555_a0df4573fc.jpg

4309544446_1715495bc4.jpg

These are the bits I have left - lots of spring and smooth washers, the four angle brackets and 5 nuts and bolts

4309545088_33d152524e.jpg

And this is the hole at one of the corners that I wondered if I was meant to use the corner bracket as a "foot" in ... but why the other hole if so?

4308809215_f7cd960d89.jpg

Still got a lot of bits left over - should I have used spring washers as well in some of the cabinet fixings ... not enough for them all ... if so, which ones?

Will perhaps be able to review the saw when I have a mains lead to switch it on with!

Cheers

Toby

Can't help you with the bits, but at least you know MFI didn't make it :lol: - Rob...already ducking

might be to obvoius are they to fix to floor? not that you would want to .if all looks ok shove um in line bin come in handy for sumat else :lol:

Hi TobyB
I've got this bandsaw.
The 4# brackets are attached to the bottom corners of the base. They are supposed to be used if you want to permanently bolt/fix the bandsaw to the floor.
Cheers
Dave

If it is anything like the saws then you should contact NMA again and ask them for their notes on it.

They were an immense help in setting up and using the saw I have.

Jim

Back