New bandsaw guides from Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil

It came to me in a flash when I thought the fixing bolt should be changed for a grub screw, at that point I thought maybe that grub screw ought to be against a flat on the bar, :roll:

Mike

Further refinements carried out today.

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

Mike

988/08/06

Attachments

• DSC01416.jpg
    DSC01416.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 953
  • DSC01414.jpg
    DSC01414.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 933
Since fitting these replacement guides I have not had any problems with them, they adjust well and seem to stay adjusted, quite pleased with them, was it worth the effort, yes I think so, if only for the fact I now have roller bearings and they face the right direction as bearings are supposed too.

Mike

One further refinement, slot the drop carrier to allow access to the rear thrust bearing bolt when using a wide blade.

DSC01480.jpg

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01480.jpg
    DSC01480.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 790
Hi Mike

What did you do with the Yandles guide? I am thinking of making my own roller guides for the startrite, I have the tools and loads of bearings but having a guide to plagiarise would be a good start, even if I move the rear roller in the right plane :)

Cheers
Andy

I have kept the Yandles guide as I am thinking of replacing the bearings on either side of the blade with the Yandles, as they have an eccentric bush which is easier to adjust than the Axminster screw adjustment system.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I may bother you for some photos/dimensions if I ever get around to it, for now I shall continue to swear at the blocks until they spur me into action.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

Ask away, I also have all the original rubbing block guides and support brackets including a spare rack if you need dims or photo's, but they are in my workshop in France, going down shortly to close the place up for winter so I can take some photo's if you wish.

Yandles guide is in the UK so can give you any information you may need immediately.

Mike

Back